• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here went to PSU?

ilive4sports

Hard-core CEG'er
So today i visited University Park in State College and I must say i was impressed. I really liked the campus and i like how they have a center for sports journalism(what i want to do) in their communications college. Im pretty certain that im going to do early admission for University Park. It just felt like a college to me, something i didnt get when i toured Syracuse. I felt like i belonged at PSU.

So this leads me to the question, anyone here go to PSU? I know there has to be a few considering about 1 out of every 115 people with college degrees have one from PSU(fun fact i learned today). If you went to University Park, what did you like the most and what did you hate the most? Just looking for some impressions of those who went there.

I went to UP. It was an absolutely awesome time. Great all around college experience from the education, extra curricular activities, party scene, going to the football games, etc. You will not be disappointed. The only draw back is there are SO many students that you often just feel like a # and that is b/c you really are. You don't get that feeling of getting to know your teachers on a personal level but that is what happens when the school is so big. For example your gen ed classes have 100+ students in the classes i.e. Forum classes. But a degree from PSU holds tremendous clout. Everyone knows the school which is a great advantage in the "real world".

Hope that helped

I had friends that went there and I would visit them, does that count? It's a fun school with a lot to do. My ex's parents went there and had season tickets to the football games. Now thats some fun. I miss going up there and getting loaded with her dad.

Thanks for the responses.

I think what really drew me there not only the fact that i am a PSU fan(if you havent seen the plate on the car), but just the pure fact that it has such a great sports tradition(which if you couldnt tell by my name, i live for sports). I was talking to the guys at the Big 33( i have an internship there) and 3 of them went to PSU. The new director was actually on the 1986 Nat. Championship team. I really like what i have been told and what i saw yesterday.

Plus going to PSU means staying in the NECEG.

I'm at PSU-York, and there is another kid here with an SVT!! I've been to main a few times, really really like it there. BUT depending on your major it may be a rough ride. I know a friend of mine went to main 1 semester and switched to a satalite campus for the next 2. Being in the enviornment at UP is like a culture shock, so be prepared! If your taking Bio 110, be prepared to sit in a lecture hall with 1500 other kids. and Chem 110.. same thing, except i think that one is 1700.

I've heard from people, and my advisor from the College of Ag., if you dont' get into Main, its OK. take as many core classes and general education credits as you can at satalite campuses, they are much much easier, and once you get to UP, you can focus 100% on your major, and take all the courses you need to focus on there. Just some food for thought!

~Andrew

It's all about the early admission and I'm sure your guidance counselor told you that already.

I "went" to PSU. :D Didn't get a degree from there but I was a frequent visitor. My buddy worked with Joe Paterno and the football team so I would go visit him. Fun times!

I think i will get into main. My school does GPA on the 100 point scale and mine is a 95 which translates to a 4.0 and my SATs scores fall in place with average at main campus. Plus my internship at the Big 33 should help a lot as im doing a lot of things with them like leading their food drive and such. Plus the new executive director not only played for PSU but raised them millions when he worked for them up until this month actually. Im going to have him write a letter of recommendation for me.

Thanks for the responses.

I think what really drew me there not only the fact that i am a PSU fan(if you havent seen the plate on the car), but just the pure fact that it has such a great sports tradition(which if you couldnt tell by my name, i live for sports). I was talking to the guys at the Big 33( i have an internship there) and 3 of them went to PSU. The new director was actually on the 1986 Nat. Championship team. I really like what i have been told and what i saw yesterday.

Plus going to PSU means staying in the NECEG.

come to Rutgers. stay in NECEG, and come to a school with a better football team :) screw tradition, its overated

I think i will get into main. My school does GPA on the 100 point scale and mine is a 95 which translates to a 4.0 and my SATs scores fall in place with average at main campus. Plus my internship at the Big 33 should help a lot as im doing a lot of things with them like leading their food drive and such. Plus the new executive director not only played for PSU but raised them millions when he worked for them up until this month actually. Im going to have him write a letter of recommendation for me.

SICK, haha, looks like you got yourself made my friend

Hahaha Rutgers has a better football team, ahaha. There is a reason that PSU is ahead of them in all the polls.

HA! i knew someone would go there. There is actually no reason PSU (6-2) is ahead (2 spots) of RU(5-2). PSU wins have come against not a single team that is currently ranked (wisconsin is your best win), while we just beat the #2 team in the land. Incidentally, our strength of schedule is 32, while yours is a pathetic 67 ( i thought the big ten was supposed to be tough???). Therefor, the only logical reason someone would have PSU ranked ahead of us is that you've played one more game then us. But dont worry, we'll jump right past you guyss after we knock off WVU sat (which would be our 2nd win against a top ten team).

but in all seriously we are probably pretty equal teams. I wish we actually played each other, it would make for a great rivalry

Not going to jump past us after we beat #1 OSU. I actually agree, the teams are pretty even. Our two loses were close and we really shot ourselves in the foot. We should have beaten Michigan and Illinois. Those were painful games. And USF, while good, they arent your typical #2 team. I was rooting for them though. Im in Tampa during championship weekend so it would have been sweet if they were in the game.

Not going to jump past us after we beat #1 OSU. I actually agree, the teams are pretty even. Our two loses were close and we really shot ourselves in the foot. We should have beaten Michigan and Illinois. Those were painful games. And USF, while good, they arent your typical #2 team. I was rooting for them though. Im in Tampa during championship weekend so it would have been sweet if they were in the game.

i'll be rooting for you guys. beat those buckeyes!

Excellant!
Sounds like you're "in". :cool:

Well if all goes according to plan, I should be transferred out to PSU for next year. That would put two CEGer's on campus. :cool:

Its time to convert Dan. :laugh:

That would be pretty sweet. Your going for some engineering right? PSU is a pretty good engineering school. I have a friend who is probably going to go there for something in engineering, i cant remember what field though.

Fyi,

There was a silver SVT parked up on the parking lot on the other side of the north end of the stadium. Had some really huge ****ing pipes on it. Didn't see the owner, but it had pa tags.

Back