• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MRSA outbreak in CT

Ughhh, I'm not allowed back to work until I get checked out by a second doctor for confirmation.

Wow... that sounds a bit extreme, especially since you don't work around immunocompromised folks... but I don't make the rules. :shrug: I hope the antibiotic clears up that folliculitis -- I remember treating a few of the vets at the West Roxbury VA for MRSA folliculitis... it took a l-o-n-g time to clear them, but then again they had more lesions to begin with. All the best,

Are you getting sick pay for this ordeal? Especially since being banned from work is not your fault?

I just got back from my regular physician for a second opinion and he doesn't feel that it's MRSA. Just like the walk-in clinic, he couldn't take a culture sample because there's not enough there. He says to stick to the anti-biotics I'm currently on and see what the results are.

They took blood to be sent to the lab to see if anything else shows up but so far it looks good.

So I have one doc that says it is, another that says it's not but neither did tests for it. :shrug:

Coincidence that both my mom and stepdad are showing the same symptoms? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I wouldn't joke about it a lot. Lots of old folks die from this thing...but then again old folks die from lots of stuff.

I hop eyour immune system is good, cause mrsa is resistant to lots of drugs.

Back