• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Awesome skills!

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Even the BMW techs here in Grand Rapids suck arse.

What happens when your boot catches the throttle while you're slamming the brake pedal.

Supercharged Range Rover Sport.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

doesn't look bad considering it went through a wall!

i knew a kid who was a bmw tech. he had lots of stories of cars that came in for service - that they damaged somehow messing around (racing, joyriding, etc.) - and they had repaired without the customer even knowing.

those guys get to wear this cool headgear that shows them service diagrams and stuff...like a heads up display.

btw what is a range rover doing at a bmw shop?

my father just showed me pics last night of a garage that a woman drove thru.
it was at a townhouse complex that he did a lot of work at.
she pulledi into her $800K plus garage and pegged the throttle, drove thru the stairs and out the back wall of the garage, took out her Home A/C condenser and kept going.
she did this in her brand new mercedes.
BRILLIANT!

Wow he must of hit that wall really hard to break through that much concrete.
I doubt it. It's just a cinder block dividing wall one block thick. No internal support or structure, and the blocks are hollow. It wouldn't really take much to knock a hole in it. Look at the truck and you can see there really isn't as much damage as you'd expect, if he had hit a solid concrete wall.

He's still a dumb-ass though.

I would have thought the damage to be worse after hitting a concrete wall.

Yeah, when i was working on mustangs, we had a couple of cases that I had to investigate where a monkey footed mechanic mashed the gas instead of the brake and ran into a wall.

Had another one, where a fleet test driver for a Fusion got off the freeway, and stepped on the clutch thinking it was the brake, never figured out what he was really doing until he rolled out into the desert (after blowing through a red light w/ oncoming traffic) and spun the car out. Even when I was all done and had proven conclusively that he was an arse-hat, the guy insisted that he had stepped on the brake and it just went to the floor. I then asked him if he held the brake to the floor even afterr he finally came to a stop, and he said yes. Then I asked him if he had taken it out of gear, and he said no. Then I asked him if the engine was still running after he stopped, and he said yes. . . He refused to say any more after that.

quick story
My boss purchased a brand new M5. While unloading it from the transport trailer they failed to latch the trailer door in the open position. When the weight transfered to that area the door swung around and screwed up the rear of the car. It took them three shots at the paint and a 1-1/2 months to finally get it right. Recently my boss took the car to get it appraised (he's thinking about selling it). He had recieved two offers for the car sight unseen. He then took it to car-max. After a careful inspection they said it looked as though it had been totaled from the c-pillar back and wouldn't touch it.

I doubt it. It's just a cinder block dividing wall one block thick. No internal support or structure, and the blocks are hollow. It wouldn't really take much to knock a hole in it. Look at the truck and you can see there really isn't as much damage as you'd expect, if he had hit a solid concrete wall.

He's still a dumb-ass though.

What the heck spelling nazi? You didn't point out this:

pre98zetec said:
he must of hit

sad.

A lot of people would get killed if someone did that where I work! I doubt a little cinder block wall would slow down a Freightliner! :crazy:

Why? Because you'll be getting brand new headlights, grille, hood, bumper, and paint? Maybe even a loaner car. :idea:

why? because they damaged my never before damaged car, that will have paint that will never match, panels that might never line up right..etc.

I work at Goodyear and they sent a message out to all stores regarding some new land rover models having pedals close together that can cause that kind of accident. Though I've worked on a range rover sport just like that and other new model range rovers and don't see a problem with the pedals.:shrug:

Our store manager (old fart) hit an employee's car today, unfortunately it wasn't any of mine (svt needs body work, other 2 cars, I'd take the moneys). A co-worker has backed into 2 cars because he gets in a car and nothing was behind him when he got in, and backs into something that just pulled up. Another coworker pushed over an oil drain full of oil, really fun to clean up.:rolleyes: Stuff happens, but some of the things my coworkers/other shops do is just stupid.

Back