• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Price and part# on syncros?

update: talked to bill jenkins this morning. u have to change the 3rd gear along with it's syncro. here are the parts again. and this time he told me wot each one was.
YM2Z-7107-EB $23.17each. these are called blocker rings
6S7Z-7124-D $71.98 actual syncro
F8RZ-7M000-BB $75.10 roller bearing
1S4Z-7M163-AA $57 actual 3rd gear

bill gave me a discounts on each part. I'm thrilled he's based in vegas!!! so i just ordered all of them. The shift forks were also upgraded in 2000. According to bill, the csvts for 2000 should have better shift forks.

there arent syncros for each gear, 1-2 3-4 5-R. there are 3 snycros 6 blocker rings. just remember to buy the third gear with the syncro because if you dont i was told it might start grinding soon after maybe 10k or 30k later. anyone know the part numbers for the six bearings in the tranny minus the ones the gears roll on. 2 on the diff. 2 on the imput shaft and the 2 on the intermediate shaft?

there arent syncros for each gear, 1-2 3-4 5-R. there are 3 snycros 6 blocker rings. just remember to buy the third gear with the syncro because if you dont i was told it might start grinding soon after maybe 10k or 30k later. anyone know the part numbers for the six bearings in the tranny minus the ones the gears roll on. 2 on the diff. 2 on the imput shaft and the 2 on the intermediate shaft?

i think he knows that.
Well Id rather replace it all now, than have another problem a couple weeks after I put it back together...:shrug:
for the other part#s, i'd call up bill or terry.

Just a note on the trans part Nos etc post. The MTX75 has EIGHT blocker rings, NINE if it's a twin blocker 3rd gear. Three blocker 'cones', Two if its not a twin blocker 3rd and 3 syncro hubs..Why don't these guys LOOK at your Ford CD first...TH

Back