• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT Mirko Skidplate Oficial GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
here ya go

DSC04233.JPG

DSC04234.JPG

Last edited:
Will this put stress on the front bumper? This along with the Mirko seems like a lot of weight hanging on the front of my car. We can't use the Mirko support brackets with this can we?

Will this put stress on the front bumper? This along with the Mirko seems like a lot of weight hanging on the front of my car. We can't use the Mirko support brackets with this can we?

1) It's only 5 lbs, i think the Mirko itself is about that heavy.

2) Why couldn't you use the support brackets with this?

Keep in mind your bumper rests on the 5mph bumper under the cover. You can stand on your front bumper if you really wanted to.

Got mine on Friday and mounted it all up yesterday. Fitment is amazing! Couldn't be any better. The Mirko is nice and heavy now and it just feels so much more solid. No more flexing around when I carry it.

Tip: If you have any tiny paint chips just under the front lip of the Mirko, throw some touch-up paint on it BEFORE you mount the skideplate. The skidplate has a reflective enough surface to make the chips under the Mirko show on the very edge of the skidplate.

I took a bunch of pics of the skideplate mounted on the Mirko, but nothing of it on the car yet. I'm working all this week so I can't snap any pics in daylight until Saturday.

I'll post the mounted skidplate pics I have tomorrow.

Got mine!

Got mine!

Got them yesterday, thanks so much Josh!

Now to get my car up and running again!

I honestly can't believe myself how great that looks. Thanks for the pictures Brian! As for the weight...it's only 5.5 lbs. :)

~Josh

It does look damn sexy on there!!

Brapple your last pic looks amazing! Do you even drive that car or is it just a garage ornament?

Can't wait to put mine on. With my molded Mirko, I need all the safety precautions I can get.

From the pics it looks like you guys don't have it sticking out past the edge of the Mirko very far. Was that the idea or do you think it looks better that way?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back