• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

T-Red duplicolor match?

98TredSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I found on duplicolor's site the matching 5oz spray paint can is part DSFM344. I was wondering if anybody's used it before and how it came out and matched? What I usually find is the paints match OK but then when you clear coat them it doesn't look right. I'm fixing this small rust spot in the wheel well that comes out into visible area by maybe a cm.

Interested as well. I need something to paint my mirko and eyelids before I get it all professionally done in the Spring.

the paint matches perfect! obviously if its not put on heavy enough it will be light and to heavy it will be dark.

Comes out a tad dark for me. Use grey primer underneath to get it to match better. It's a spray can so keep that in mind. I painted my Mirko and eyelids with it.

I agree it matches perfect.. i used it to paint the ring around my grill to match instead of having the chrome and it looks great.. just gets some serious road rash even with a clear coat

Just painted my mirko and eyelids with it. I used a dark grey primer, wish I would've gone lighter.. it all came out a tad dark. Oh well, doesn't bother me since I spent 1/10th of the price of getting it done professional. :rolleyes:

I still have to wet sand and buff the clear though. I'm sure it'll fade in the sun.

wow i was always to afraid to paint large parts like a mirko. but I'm getting very very good with rattle cans. my rims look perfecto. so i guess I'm trying to say i feel better because others are painting large stuff.

forgot to add:
Duplicolor has some of the best costumer service. they have offered to replace my paint cans (my fault not theirs). and always been very helpful. if you have any questions Email them. good guys, and good product.

Last edited:
I used it to fix a rust spot in my wheel well lip, and it came out nearly perfect, even though the spot is hidden from outside the car. It seems much harder to get it to match when painting a large area.

Back