• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Rims! Yay! or Nay?

I already bought a set of Jun Eyelids... I'm slowly building a pile of parts that will need to be painted and slapped on the car.

Are you trying to say you dont like that pic of the Morettes? damn, I think they are sexy as hell.

Mikey - only place I can find them is at FastWrx already pre-painted WRB for 899.99 + shipping and all that crap :(

BOO! I'm a huge fan of them.... They are the reason why I even know of the company Morette... I remember when they originally made them for the WRX back in the day.. I drooled hard.

Its the number 1 reason why I searched for and ended up buying a bugeye... its all about the Morettes... Plus the 04+ Morettes are ugly - right Mikey?

but its almost Winter!!

I'll drop it a little bit next year but for this year I want all teh clearance I can have for those AWD donuts and keep the kit on.

Don't WRX's handle worse lowered? Thought I read that somewhere. Seems strange to lower a rally inspired AWD to me. 1/2" maybe

yah I dont want to screw with the car that much... from what I hear you need to stick within particular guidelines on anything you do in regards to a Subaru... they arent happy otherwise.

I wouldnt want to lower the car more than a inch (at the most) -- I read over 30 pages when I was picking out rims on what offsets to go with to eliminate any excessive bearing wear or unhappiness... I can just imagine what other guidelines there are.

I'll be happier once the front lip goes on and the kit looks even all the way around with the skirts.

Back