• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some pics of my Maxima

rouar

fixer
Admin
Taken on Waters Rd. in Sutton MA (one of my favorite roads, lots of 18th century farmhouses on it).
Figures out of the New England foliage, the backdrop here consists of evergreens. :)

maxima1.jpg

maxima2.jpg

maxim5.jpg

And a random pic of the scene:
maxima4.jpg

Last edited:
222hp ... they upgraded the engine and tranny after 2002. But it's fully loaded (see list in sig), 5-speed MTX, and more than powerful enough for me! The more I drive this car the more I love it. :)

Car hasn't been cleaned in months unfortunately so it's not nearly as shiny as it could be.

what is that?

what is that?

In the right front profile pic, it looks like there's some plywood screwed to the undercarriage. Just underneath the doors. It kinda sticks out and it looks weird. Other than that, I love that car.

In the right front profile pic, it looks like there's some plywood screwed to the undercarriage. Just underneath the doors. It kinda sticks out and it looks weird. Other than that, I love that car.
They are two plastic mudshields, I believe protecting the serp belt. You're right - a bolt is missing so they are flapping around a bit and stick out more than they should. This happened several months ago and I never fixed it (I think part of the bolt is still wedged in there).

that looks like it is the pinchweld.

Blah ElKy's right, I misinterpreted your post. I was talking about the black blob under the engine.

It certainly wasn't as colorful when I went down there today. But I was pretty impressed by the guy hand building that rock wall!!

Back