• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats currently wrong with your contour?

-Warped rotors
-CEL (well that's been on for like 9 years...)
-A few minor scratches, a few hickory nut dents on the hood
-Bad suspension (although I've really gotten used to it, it seems to have firmed up.)
-Parking brake boot needs re-attachment
-Needs plugs and wires

Otherwise it's amazingly clean inside and out for 185,000 miles. Looks great when freshly washed or a good 5-footer otherwise.

Wat's da Matta?

Wat's da Matta?

CEL
Needs Paint/Dents & scratchs
Needs my Mondeomotorsport touringcar wing mounted!
Drvers Window "tight" on the up crank
Drive train "loose"
A/C needs charging "again" only 4 mnths on last
Dash clock not lit up

Could be Worse @ 91,000 miles

Needs:

ordered:
-oil pan gasket
-right outer tie rod
-LCA's
-front end links (in my room)

full UIM/LIM will be done soon.

my car has basically been dead reliable.

^ LOL!
Seriously, there is nothing wrong with my car. No CEL, no nothing.

I've only had a CEL once and it was for an 02 sensor, that was about 2 yrs ago. I've replaced the IAC when I had a very sporadic stalling issue, the suspension was changed because I wanted it lowered (not because of a problem). The WP and belts were changed shortly after I bought the car, "just because". There was nothing wrong with the WP (white impeller) and the belts were fine, I changed everything out so I could start fresh with this car. It has regular oil changes, the trans/brake/clutch fluids have all been changed as has the coolant.

I've done quite a bit to this car, mod wise, and therefore keep up with regular/preventive maintenance. Guess I should consider myself pretty lucky.

I bought it four years ago in March with 78,xxx on the clock, it now has 93,5xx and is still going strong.

CEG to CEL. :D

Back