• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

True Forged blown Chevelle!

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
this is my buddy, and business partner's 1964 Malibu Chevelle SS that he recently finished restoring. pretty much everything was replaced with new or custom parts. i dont have all the mods yet but it has a Vortec blower, lowered suspension, custom azles, crate motor with some go fast goodies, powdercoated frame, custom interior, new top, new everything :thumbsup:
our other friend who built the motor says its probably around 500hp to the crank. it hasnt been dyno'd yet. the Vortec is set to only 2lbs of boost and this car easily gets sideways :rockon:
this is one of a few classics he owns and has restored. this one he put his most effort and money into..

before it sat on 18 and 20" polished 2 piece Intro Pentias. he was tired of the billet look and wanted his TF rims to be something different. unfortunately the powdercoater effed up and made them gloss black instead of satin black. ah well, he wants to put a different design on them now so these wheels are actually available for sale. they should fit all 60's Chevy cars. the Pentias are for sale as well. both sets come with the tires, which are brand new. both sets of wheels are brand new as well.
sitting on polished Pentias
IMG_5353.jpg

now on 18 and 20" gloss black Mach 5s. we both dont like how it looks with the gloss black. definitely needs to be satin black.
IMG_5369.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5388.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5385.jpg

Last edited:
:drool: Damn thats sooooooooo hott. I love the wheels, and the engine ,well words dont describe it.:drool:

we dont like it either. it would look 10000x better if the wheels were done in satin black like theyre were supposed to be! :mad: they match the top which is a nice flat black canvas. we should have snapped some pics with the top up too. we're going to have a new set made, in satin black. he's also thinking of going with a flat anthracite finish because he said they look VERY similar to the finish used on the old Torque Thrust wheels of yester-year.

Not digging the rims. A modern style rim rarely goes well with a classic car. Don't think satin would have made a difference in apperance. The engine and the underbody look rather good though :)

we dont like it either. it would look 10000x better if the wheels were done in satin black like theyre were supposed to be! :mad: they match the top which is a nice flat black canvas.

i don't think it matters. on a bright colored car, black rims stand out too much and look dirty - to me.

Obviously it fits the owners taste, but i really like the old rims better. On that car, i'd be looking more to compliment all the chrome trim, not the roof...

Back