• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need some help

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Don't suppose anyone would be willing to take a quick look\listen to my car.. I'm 95% sure that I have a wheel bearing going out as I'm getting a slight grinding noise when turning left, but would like a second opinion\confirmation.. Hopefully one of the guys in the Naperville\Aurora area will see this and be able to lend a hand. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, if it is determined that is the problem and you have experience making this repair there would a steak dinner involved for the assistance of replacing.

Wheel bearings make humming noise mine went out on cougar. Grinding could be CV shaft when turning, it will grind or click.

ya I'd be glad to look at it for you, but ya doesnt sound like the wheel bearing. whatever it is, I dont mind helping lend a hand replacing whatever [although not at my place, my HOA is already up in arms about my last round of suspension work, I'm in elgin btw]

ya I'd be glad to look at it for you, but ya doesnt sound like the wheel bearing. whatever it is, I dont mind helping lend a hand replacing whatever [although not at my place, my HOA is already up in arms about my last round of suspension work, I'm in elgin btw]

You have a PM

Yeah sounds like it should be fixed before that, but wheel bearing sounds more like an airplane taking off and gets louder and louder. Not sure what the grinding could be.

Dave,

I can probably give you a hand too, BUT I would like to find out from any of you kind members in the Chicago area if any of you know how to replace the oil pan gasket on my 99 CSVT?

If we can do a repair meet, and eat, oh man, i am so there.

Terry,

Thanks again for looking at the car with me tonight.

All look for a new thread about a "Fix Em UP" meet at my place.

Back