• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Update on my troll ride...:)

2slowtour

CEG'er
Hey guys just wanted to say hello to everyone and that i am still trolling around the fourm... Just wanted to show you guys some updates on my car...

Enkei RPF1's 7.5 Front 9.0 in the rear with 215 and 245's... I was going to go bigger 225 and 255 but with the +45 offset all around ill have to roll my fenders, which will be done soon.. also i have added.. OEM front lip, AEM v2 intake, tein hood dampners, and springs for now.. 1 inch drop.. and painted the calipers gold .. turned out really good... Let me know what you guys think..

plans to come..
J's 70 mm exhaust with test pipe, and maybe some bride seats...
kinda pricey so im saving up...

PS lets see some updates on my old car :) still miss that thing...

newwheels016.jpg

newwheels008.jpg

newwheels006.jpg

newwheels027.jpg

newwheels002.jpg

the ap2 has a little more TQ down low compaired to the ap1 ... o im not worried... its lookin at turbo or supercharger in the future... :)

idk if you wanna call it crazy fast.. best stock 1/4 ive read and seen is like 13.9 , 13.8 ... but twisty thats a hole different story ...

Those cars are a blast to drive!

I would buy one, but I dont think I can get over the lack of torque. Even turbo and supercharged ones have little torque.

Very nice, Im a big fan of those wheels.

Needs a Carbon fiber hardtop.... Love it.

The more I look at the S2000, the more I think that, indeed, I could shoehorn an LS_ V8 into the engine bay and make it just plain stupid. Mind you I think that when I see a 350Z, RX7, Focus, Festiva, MK1 Jetta, go kart...

wholy engine room!!!! u can crawl in there at night, sleep and keep warm.

and why if we shoehorn v8's into those cars why isnt it done to ours!!!!!

Have you looked inside the engine bay of the Contour with the duratec? You can't even fit a singular hair in there, how would we put a V8 in?

Just a note. I would be careful with that intake. A buddy had one on his S2000 and it rained real bad and flooded a little where the car was. The water had drained away by the time he cranked it. But, apparently the filter had enough water in it and it hydrolocked the motor. I'm sure it's an extremely rare incident, but just a precation anyway. BTW, he waited about a day after the water subsided before cranking it. He also said you have to remove the hood seal to install that intake. Don't know anything about that, just relaying what he told me.

Back