• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

So who knows what the best dyno place is? Only ones i've heard of in MN are dbperformance and hitechmotorsports. Is there a best one that many people go to?

There are cheaper ones than those two. Check mnsportcompacts.net for more info on which ones have what prices. I think it's like LSperformance that has cheap pull right now ~45 for 3. I really like DB but they're a bit spendy and 75 for 3 pulls.

Yes but i'm willing to pay for a good dyno b/c i dont wanna do it more than once. Plus its going to be expensive no matter where i go b/c i have to get a chip+dyno. So really whatever place does the best tuning on 3L's is where i'm gonna go.

You are talking about your new headlights outshining his...right? :crazy:
:nonono: I wish. I have to fix the tabs on the one I have. The other one is still on its way.

No seriously. This kid pulled up next to me at a light in this Century. Well the light changes and I could just hear the engine in that thing hittin high RPM's... Well needless to say the 2.5 won.:cool:

My headlights win :) Silver star high beams in the lows FTW!

I think I need to start a new thread for my new car project :cool:

I think you do as well. How are the highs in the low working out? It isn't frying the harness, is it? that is the reason why I haven't done it yet.....too many stories.

I think you do as well. How are the highs in the low working out? It isn't frying the harness, is it? that is the reason why I haven't done it yet.....too many stories.

No no, I don't think they even draw any different wattage do they? IF they did I think it'd only be 10w, for some reason 45w low and 55w high is ringing bells in the back of my mind. I had to swap pigtails to get it to work but no biggy.

Light output is amazing though, that and I bought new headlights and aimed them so it was a huge improvement from the old hazy ones.

I'll start a new thread on the Cougar after I work on it some tonight :cool:

:nonono: I wish. I have to fix the tabs on the one I have. The other one is still on its way.

No seriously. This kid pulled up next to me at a light in this Century. Well the light changes and I could just hear the engine in that thing hittin high RPM's... Well needless to say the 2.5 won.:cool:

sorry, but the century doesnt come with a 3800. the regals do though

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1997-to-2005-buick-century-4.htm

you beat a 160 HP heavier sedan with an auto. :D

I had a 98 Regal LS for about 3 months. It was a "nice" ride with decent performance but it wasn't "me". So I sold it and kept the 95 for a while longer. If it was a GS I am sure I would have kept it. :drool:

I had a 92 regal GS five years ago or so...got scrounched between a mini van and the young driver behind me.:nonono:

I saw him a couple months ago out at the sunset. Then today I was leaving the gaming place out in the west end and he went by so I followed him and asked him about it.

Im kinda having second thoughts though.

Sell the mystique for what you have left to pay on it....and then buy the SVT. Seems simple :) Maybe sell the boat for a little extra $ as well.

Sell the mystique for what you have left to pay on it....and then buy the SVT. Seems simple :) Maybe sell the boat for a little extra $ as well.

Lol I want more details, like mileage and such. If it's in as good of shape as your Mystique and has similar mileage then it'd be a good upgrade. I wouldn't trade your Mystique for some old wore out SVT though just for the badges and body kit.... But maybe thats just me :laugh:

Lol I want more details, like mileage and such. If it's in as good of shape as your Mystique and has similar mileage then it'd be a good upgrade. I wouldn't trade your Mystique for some old wore out SVT though just for the badges and body kit.... But maybe thats just me :laugh:

I think it has 145K on it. So it does have like 50K more miles than the mystique. Buuuuuut, from what I have learned is that miles on these cars are fairly relative as to how well it was taken care of and how much they beat on the car. People spinning bearings at 70K miles and others with 200K miles with no problems. Treat it well and you shouldn't have too many problems. And honestly, as much as I loved my SE it isn't the same as the SVT....even though they are very close to being the same car. I would look into getting the SVT honestly. I figure I am going to try and keep this car as long as I can.

I think it has 145K on it. So it does have like 50K more miles than the mystique. Buuuuuut, from what I have learned is that miles on these cars are fairly relative as to how well it was taken care of and how much they beat on the car. People spinning bearings at 70K miles and others with 200K miles with no problems. Treat it well and you shouldn't have too many problems. And honestly, as much as I loved my SE it isn't the same as the SVT....even though they are very close to being the same car. I would look into getting the SVT honestly. I figure I am going to try and keep this car as long as I can.

True, but the SVTs tend to get beaten on more :cry: Not always the case, but a lot of the time.

Jason was right. 145k on it. But other than the miles its mint. In perfect shape. One ding where somehow the right rear sail panel got hit and the door frame right above it has a pea sized dent with the paint gone.

I dunno. I really shouldnt because I need to pay other bills. And about the boat, Um I still owe on it. So it'll be awhile before that gets sold. Besides I think thats gonna be my winter beater for now. Just gotta get it running.:laugh:

Back