• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How much is it worth?

mkiisupra

New CEG'er
I have a totaled CSVT, about how much is it worth?

Still drivable, just smushed in the front a bit.

Check out, http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=17022&page=2
for details and send me a pm to share how much this is worth.

Eric G

I am stopping by the collision center today for photos. The insurance group is also trying to figure out what an SVT is worth, since they already have tried to give me the value of non-SVT 'tours.

Last edited:
Bagged and others-

I have pics posted on pbase.com/egillis, the contour pics are at this address:

http://www.pbase.com/egillis/contour_svt

I took pics around the car to show that the damage is contained to the front of the car. The windows were dirty and the car was locked at the collision center, so I apologize for the crappy interior pics. Look close at the roof line, the sunroof came up a bit from the impact. I never attempted to close it with the switch, but it has the harder replacement gear in it already.

The collision estimator thought that the car was in excellent condition, and said I should get high blue book value from the insurance adjusters, he also said that the current use of 'comparable' cars to find current value would work with these cars due to there scarcity.

Again the car runs great, and the A/C is ice cold.

I am waiting for the adjusters to release the car, as soon as they can value it. I have a feeling that they are going to want more than they initially said to purchase the car back with a salvage title.

I will post a price in the California classifieds section when they get me a buy back price.

Any idea how much these seem to be worth?

Eric G

its worth 900 id buy it but not for anymore than that

Last edited:
if you can get it up to michigan i'll give you 750 cash for it, did a shop declare it totaled btw? i know airbags are the death of most cars

Last edited:
how do you figure thats totaled??? if you can get it up to michigan i'll give you 900 cash for it

it would cost more than that to get it here:blackeye: and if it was in MI. i would pay 900

I'd say its worth closer to $1500+

Why?

Konis are worth $350 used
Interior is $400
Wheels/tires $300
side skirts $100 each
Rear Bumper $250
stock Exhaust $75
moonroof motor $50
Engine & trans $500 - $750 (UIM & LIM are $300 alone)

good luck i payed 1,100.00 for this look at all the parts cars in the classifieds right now
3813e32a.jpg

Personally, Id rather see it rebuilt than taken apart, but no problem.

Yes the collision company called it totalled, although a final value hasn't been determined. I did place $900 on it, however, I think that the insurance will charge me more to buy it back than they originally stated, thus the removal of the offer price.

Yeah, I think it was the airbags that 'blew it' for the repair price to be in the 'totalled' range.

Can't deliver, and remember, its from rust free california, you salty iron oxide types in the midwest (I am a native Iowan), and two new tires, the others were to be replaced next month, but still lots of tread. I can get it on a car transporter (private company, figure about ~$800 to deliver) that you arrange.

If the buy back price is too high I will let it go to the scrappers, based upon your opinions. I just thought that it would be better to let the CEG community have the opportunity to keep one in the family.

This was my DD, adult driven, not hopped up, or beaten, just a great 5-speed incognito sedan with about 200hp on tap.

Eric G

Back