• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Double edged sword:SE motor in SVT

You know, another point in FAVOR of the SE motor is roughly 16 cents a gallon less I don't have to spend on premium fuel.

Negative!!!! You still have an SVT PCM with the more aggressive calibration. You will still need to run 91 octane minimum, to avoid riding on the knock sensor.

I have dyno plots from my car before and after SVT cams and headers ... I'll post them tonight as I can't find them online at the moment

That would be some great info, thanks!

Negative!!!! You still have an SVT PCM with the more aggressive calibration. You will still need to run 91 octane minimum, to avoid riding on the knock sensor.

I have been running 93 in mine as I figured the PCM would be unhappy with anything less.

sorry it took so long, I just found my dyno plots on line so here they are

here is the dyno of my car on a dyno jet with full SVT intake, injectors, optimized y-pipe, and SVT exhaust.

SAE corrected numbers 156/148

dyno%204.26.2007.JPG

I had the car dyno'd (on a mustang dyno) again at SZ after I had SVT cams and headers installed, put down 174/169

5.18.2007.JPG

I also went back to the same dynojet where the first plot was from, I got lower numbers then the mustang dyno but it was also a very hot day, those numbers I need to get online.

and for those interested here is the difference between the SE and SVT PCM and SE and SVT injectors ...

DSC03446%20(Small).JPG

the nice thing about my car is it has been very consistant. last time it was dyno'd and many times before there was no great deviation in the curves, very repeatable.

Back