• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

wont start!?

hova15

CEG'er
Okay so thursday im pretty damn low on gas (light was on for awhile) but i was flying out friday morning so i decide to wait to fill up till i get home. So i got home yesterday, before trying to start the car i clean out the KN filter i get in start it up...and nothing when i turn the key the car doesnt even make a sound. I dont think its the battery cause all the stuff inside turns on (a/c stereo etc) could it be cause im to low on gas?

well tried that nothing- the check engine light is on....guess ill have to have it towed to the shop....or buy a code reader

could i have messed up somthing when taking out the filteR?

Last edited:
check the battery. the "inside stuff" only requires a few volts to turn on. you need a MINIMUM of 10.5 volts for the PCM to start to start the car.

just put a volt meter on it and see what you get. if its low trickle charge it and then try to start the car.

okay well i had my friend give me a jump and it started so i drove to work and after work i get in my car....nothing wouldnt start so i got my friend to get me a jump then got home....try to start it but wouldnt start any ideas? im think alternator

check the battery. the "inside stuff" only requires a few volts to turn on. you need a MINIMUM of 10.5 volts for the PCM to start to start the car.

just put a volt meter on it and see what you get. if its low trickle charge it and then try to start the car.

:cool:

also the battery isnt that old....its been replaced within the last year- surely it should last longer then that

put a voltmeter on the battery and see what it is. it should be about 12volts.

jump the car and while its running put a voltmeter on the battery. it should be 13-14.5 Volts.

Back