• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

suspension work, central NJ

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
Hey everyone. I'm looking for some advise as to where to take my car to get the following things done.: BAT Europian Handling Kit installed, new strut mounts installed, and front and rear sway bar links installed.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any places that they trust to do this stuff and that would be a decent price.

I'm located in New Brunswick

Thanks!

If no one else posts about any places, look in the phone and just start making some calls...sometimes that's how you can "discover" a different shop that might do really good work...:idea:

...from personal experience, I've done that with good results :)

i dunno any shops, but if you can color in the lines of a coloring book then you can swap out the suspension on these cars.

It seems doesnt seem hard to do the install yourself.... If you have a garage Im willing to help... Just need to grab a Chilton or Haines Repair Manual and I wont mind grabbin that i need one anyways... And i need to talk to whoever sells those repair CDs....

- Amyn

when are you planning to do this? if i can help you i will as well...no need for the manual if that's the case either. it's easy...doable in about 3 hours if you get all the tools (mcphereson spring compressor basically) and a case of beer.

You could try Wicked Motorsports. I'm a member of tristatetuners.com and that is where some people from there are telling me to go. They're in Brick, NJ & the number is 732-904-9000.

If you do decide to do it yourself and people are coming by to help let me know cause I'm only about an hour away in Philly.

Im up for anything I need to do my reinforced rear subframe/BAT sway bar!!.. Shaggy your like what 10 minutes away from me LOL..... We can spend a whole day or sumthing would be cool If Im off..... and ill bring the friends Im usually of on SUNDAYS......

- Amyn

Im Up for almost any Sunday but the 9/2. If we can do it on a Sunday Ill Def Be there...... wuts up Shaggy what you think. Ill bring the Hot Dogs? LOL

- Amyn

Interesting, thats not much at all. Where from? autozone, pepboys etc?

TGO, you live near wagner u. ? I just helped my sister move in there.

i rented it from a local tool rental shop...i had to call a few places before i found one

i actually do live near wagner...where you got off the expressway for the school, i'm the next exit

sundays are great for me too actually. I'm currently trying to get all the parts i need from someone in the classifieds who totalled their svt. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to save up some money an buy everything new (dont know how long that will take i only work part time cause of school).

Any help woul be very much appreciated

I have a spring compressor. It's not a super good one but it did the job when we installed the BAT kit on my ride.

Back