• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whats next?

well what happend was when i first bought the car all that it seemed it needed was a new power steering pump and a few things like new bumpers,skirts healights grilels since they were all cracked and hazed and what not. but then after driving it around for 500 miles after getting all that replaced and the clutch went n thats when all the problems started to occur.

And for $800, I'd say that's a steal with the work that needs to be done. Lots of the things you listed you can do yourself, and you only have to pay for parts. So basically, after fixing everything, you'd have a nicer-condition CSVT than many that shouldn't cost you more than $2500 (including the $800), assuming you play your cards right and get the right people to help you along your way...

Not trying to be a jerk, but when you buy a car for $800, you really should expect that it has been abused, BADLY! Did you know before hand what all was wrong with it? How long have you driven it?

ive driven it 747 miles since ive owned it which has been since june of 06`. now im sitting here right now wating patiently for the tow truck to come pick it up and get it towed to get fixed this time. me n my dad both think its the starter that blew up agin even though it was replaced like 200 miles ago. It wasa Ford re-man though so it could have been defective. but i think my car has an eltrical problem becuase as of latley ive been having fuses blow out and my wiring harness was fried and my car always runs hot. does anyone else always have problems withe car always running hotter then in between the middle of the gauge?

You could cut that bill in half by learning to do the work yourself, you know. It may seem intimidating at first, but once you start to do the work, it becomes less scary. Just get a Haynes manual, Ford CD, or even use www.autozone.com , they have online repair guides for free, with some very good pics to help. If you are willing to take some time and work hard at it, you could fix that stuff for pretty cheap.

Which fuses are blowing? You know you just shouldn't keep replacing them, right? Find out what is shorting out. What do you mean the wiring harness is fried? If it's shorting out somewhere, of course you will keep having problems. Fix one thing at a time. Just my .02

yeahhh i think im just gonna get the starter put in for now and when i can get some more money togeahter im gonna take it down to the ford dealer and let them fool with it.

yeahhh i think im just gonna get the starter put in for now and when i can get some more money togeahter im gonna take it down to the ford dealer and let them fool with it.

Problem number 2 found. You are using a Ford Dealer. Normally shotty work and vastly inflated prices.

i just want the ford delaer to give me a diagonostics(sp) test so i can figure out whats wrong with the car in the first place then i will take it somewhere else at a better rate.

ive dropped so much into my car on mods/ fixes its getting sort of scary. i dont expect to get a dime for anything ive put into it. get used to it. it will happen for the rest of your life.

fix the tour and keep it until A. its totaled B. you run out of parts to fix it C. it becomes a collector car and u get mucho money for it even with high miles.

thats what i plan on doing

lol tow truck driver just picked it up and spent like an hour trying to get it on the tow bed becuase its so low.(even though mines stock) he was like what kind of body kit is that? im like uhhhhhh it comes like that from the factory and he didnt believe me.

i guess you could blow $8k between towing bills, s***ty dealership conduct, and having no idea how to work on something. for example: say what you want about fordman302 and you can knock me for sticking up for him on this point but he bought his svt at 16, pulled the engine and the tranny several times, and always seemed to find a way to get it running using these forums and a pretty basic set of tools (with a lot of ceg help and a little mechanic help in between). hell, he and hollyrollerz have been helping me out ever since i purchased me csvt. long story short: if you dont know how...theres always one way to find out: dive in man. from what youre saying, you really can do too much more damage, right?

Thanks Cody..Yeah ive done alot in my time of owning a SVT Contour with nearly 5K into it after purchase price..I learned alot..But most of whitch i learned on my own by just diving in, its just nuts and bolts..It will all go back together..I was 16 and the trans was grinding so i got a great deal on a new one and wanted to put it in..Figured i would learn somthing and i did..Had the motor out in like 4hrs or so and slept on it and next day put a new trans and clutch in and put it back together..
I looked to CEG for alot of how-to's and common problems..Most of whitch helped but alot is just getting in there and figureing it out for yourself..For example Header intstall theres a few different ways its been done before and some say this way and some say that way, Just jump in and take a look around and go for it..
Same thing with Engine/Trannie removal theres a few different ways on how to do it..Just jump in and go for it..

I have found I love my car alot more now that I do all the work on it myself. Its no fun to let someone else fix it. 2 years ago, you couldnt have caught me underneath the hood except for installing an intake or something stupid like that. Now, I jsut dive in, if nothing else, I'll put it back together and send it to the shop if I cant fix it.

I have my friend andy(who happens to be my mechanic) and joe to thank for it.

why pay to have someone else do something you are perfectly capable of? While time is money, yes, the dealerships time is almost certainly worth a lot more than your own.

ive driven it 747 miles since ive owned it which has been since june of 06`. now im sitting here right now wating patiently for the tow truck to come pick it up and get it towed to get fixed this time. me n my dad both think its the starter that blew up agin even though it was replaced like 200 miles ago. It wasa Ford re-man though so it could have been defective. but i think my car has an eltrical problem becuase as of latley ive been having fuses blow out and my wiring harness was fried and my car always runs hot. does anyone else always have problems withe car always running hotter then in between the middle of the gauge?

Ford remans are sturdier than buying a reman'ed from any other auto part store. Ford doesnt just fix the issue that originally caused error... They go through and rebuild the whole unit.

Strip all the aftermarket stuff off your csvt go buy the focus and sell me the stock csvt cheap:laugh:

Back