• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wearever Rotors and Pads from Advance

Luke_Miller

CEG'er
Any comments on Wearever Rotors and Pads from Advance Auto? Search groups and couldn't find anything specific. I have 1999 SVT for normal street use.

I comfortable with ordering online and also have O'Reilly's, Pep Boys, AutoZone nearby if someone has a better suggestion. TIA.

Ditto on above. I have Cougar brackets and I"m looking for the SVT rotors and pads. Anyone know where to get a good deal???

well I don't know about you guys but brakes are something that I don't go cheap on ... just like tires .....

personally I used Bendix pads and rotors on my contour and have been very happy with them.

well I don't know about you guys but brakes are something that I don't go cheap on ... just like tires .....

personally I used Bendix pads and rotors on my contour and have been very happy with them.

Yes Bendix are good all around pads. I have Ford OEM rotors through Steve at Tousley Ford and Bendix pads front and rear.

FYI the bendix pads and rotors should be available from your Advance as well (We have them at my store) If you order them at the store make sure you know what part number brake pads you need as they did change with the e0/e1 switch.

I have bendix rotors and pads now, the pads are good but the rotors are :eek: x 45!

I"ve never seen a rotor wear so poorly. The wore grooves on the surface since 50-100 miles. And I did go through a wear-in on the new pads and rotors...:nonono:

I bought the cheap ass rotors from Checker and I dont have a problem. I plan on re-doing the rotors with a better product from BAT - maybe a powerslot rotor when the need is there....

I've know a few cars that have used the Wherever brake rotors without problems. I think cheap pads it what makes the difference.

Right now I'm considering, well most likely will be buying, the wherever rotors and a set of bendix metallic II pads. :cool:

I got my brakes that are on the Mystique from the local parts plus store. Got the whitebox rotors and Raybestos semi-metallic pads and have been very happy with the combo.

FWIW, I also had Bendix Titanium Metallic's and whitebox advance rotors and they were good as well.

I do think the rotors from parts plus are a little better than the rotors from advance.

either way getamerican made rotors ... that is unless you like having trouble getting the rotors off the car ...

Antiseize anyone??? My rotors will fall off at the tap of a hammer everytime :cool:

EDIT: To make it a little more fun:

"Antiseize anyone??? 83% of the time I gaurantee a 95% chance that 75% of my rotors will fall off at the tap of a hammer!" :laugh:

Last edited:
Had ford used just a little bit of antiseize, doing brakes on the Mystique would have been easy instead of the nightmare of a project it turned into....

Ok, I have a mutt of a SVT. Some parts are E0, some are E1 (Clock, clock button on cd player, E1 Rims, E0 Bumper guards.) How can I tell what ones I have?

The build date tells the tale. Built before 2/1/98 is an E0. Built after that is an E1. You can find the build month and year on the VIN plate near the driver's door. From your SVT number I would guess that it is an E1.

Back