• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

B-Pillar y0

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
Picked up some vinyl from CEGs one and only mexican/ asian last night at woodward. Thanks for giving me a little extra because I did mess up once, lol. I probly should have took my time, but it was too damn hot out. Still have to address some air bubbles... Yay or Nay?

DCFN0011.jpg

DCFN0012.jpg

Figured I'd throw this one in here, haha.

DCFN0013.jpg

dude, it's not even with the body line

i'm not saying to the bottom of the weatherstripping, but atleast even at the bottom

^ I don't think it looks "ghetto".
It blends in with the molding at the bottom of the window:

bottomofvinyl.jpg

The top of mine is finished off with a black trim piece:

finishededge.jpg

I think you did a good job. It's not an easy job by any means, as I'm sure you found out. ;)

It's trial and error. It doesn't look bad, I think the problem really is the flash of the camera throwing it off.

Ha thats funny people kept suggesting this in my thread, I think it looks ok. I would rather see it in person, pics never give anything true justice. But I dont think anything could make that car look bad :drool:

I say "Yay". I love mine blacked out. I also have mine done like LUCA at the bottom with the more flat black strip and I think it looks great. I did mine on a hot as hell day too, it was miserable.

I guess painting would be the "best" way to go but this sure looks and works really really good for far far less than a quality paint job. And its reversible if need be.

Nay. I like B-piller silver IMO. Hurray tires!
Did you not show your headlights on purpose? :laugh:

Did you not show your headlights on purpose? :laugh:

Yeah, I don't feel like hearing the normal babies come out and say new headlights new headlights bla bla bla.

And all my money is focused into performance and go go mods. If this car doesnt start moving faster, its gonna find its way to the classifieds! :laugh:

I've never been a fan of this mod from the pics I've seen but in person it may be another story. It's not something I would do personally though.

I noticed you are also knueberized. Maybe the combination of that and the Blacked out B-pillar is what makes it look to plain. Not sure.

I'm still tossing around the idea of knueberizing mine but I have the better of the 2 kinds of door guards. That alone is what is keeping me from pulling them. :crazy:

Back