• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fan doesn't come on anymore

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
I tried searching and midway through I realized I might have a different case. I'm building my car for prepared class in autocross and time trials. So long story short, I removed lots of stuff from my car. One thing that may be the culprit of this may be the ac removal. It shares the same part of the wire harness. Maybe not though. It's not the fuse. The fans worked when the ac system was in. I'm at the point where I've cursed at it all that I can for now, and I'll try again later. My car hasn't been started in over a month, and I haven't figured out if anything has gone wrong in that time. All I know is the temp gauge swung to A on its way to L and I turned the car off. If no one knows, I'll just go with an aftermarket thermostat switch, and run power from somewhere. I'd like to know if there was a free or cheap option though. I'll keep looking into it myself, and see if I can figure it out. I'll probably just wind up cursing at it some more followed by some sweet talk.

wire it on a relay on the acc wire:laugh: so your fan clutch will stay on all time while driving and it will turn off when you kill it we set a trans am up like that saved us from buying a fuse box and doing it that way

then make love to your exhaust:cool: like me

Schematics of Fan and A/C circuits to help

Schematics of Fan and A/C circuits to help

If you simply unplugged the compressor, accumulator tank switch, pressure switch, the car's Engine Fan cooling should still work..

Last edited:
Back