• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The E.g.l?!

1. I don't care if I can or can't win.

2. I don't care what he owns and doesn't own.

3. Drama ensued because the new owner changed something and differentiated a branch because "he lives there" and "they have more off forum activity." Which is utter garbage to claim one branch is better than the other. If that's the case, you should punish inactive branches (sorry guys, not trying to single you out).

4. So what if I sound like a jackass, it got Mark to voice his true views on how he's running the show.

5. I didn't say it was intended for every EGL member. They know exactly who they are, and if you took offense...then you must feel you're in on that crowd.

6. Length of membership is irrelevant when someone has views they want to address.

7. That's purely your opinion about how long I have/haven't been here, and since my gripe involves the EGL name change, that's why you're defending your stomping grounds.

8. You wouldn't have shown any respect regardless because of the aforementioned reason in #7, and the drama was instigated by a name change on something everyone was accustomed to.

Now, wait a minute... I might've missed soething here. The only thing that happened is they changed the name of the forum, right? I mean, 9 pages of whining over a stupid name change??

I can't understand anyone being all bent out of shape about this... I did like the "favoritism" and the "you think you're better than everyone else" cards getting thrown. If a simple name change means that much to you, you take this place way too f**king seriously. Turn the computer off and explore the real world. There's beer out there, and if you look hard enough, chicks. They exist!!! It's true!!!! You might even talk to one.

It's a f**king message board, people... hardly a cause for concern.

Pen, i really don't see why you are making this out to be such a huge issue.
so he changed the friggin name, so what?
i am not from the egl and wouldn't want to be (they have Steeda) :D

now if Mark was your next door neighbor and gave the northeast a new name, you wouldn't be complaining, so as it has been said before, let it go.

Alright, people... I could care less what everyone out there "thinks" about this subject.

Mark could easily have banned anyone that disagreed with him (IF he were power hungry) but he didn't. However,NOW if someone is to actually step over the line and get banned it would be "favoritism"..

well, that's where I step in. I am not FROM the "EGL", nor do I care what they call themselves, nowadays.. If there are any further problems about this change, a PM to MY inbox will suffice if you wish. 85 posts about a name change will solve nothing, regardless of biased or unbiased feelings of all parties involved.

Don't want to feel left out? Instead of complaining about THIS forum, why don't (didn't) you PM a mod, or admin about a possible change of YOUR forum name if you had a majority approval in your forum?

So, to recap: its not "just" the people from the "EGL" that are defending the change.. I am too, and I could care less about "THE EGL" the "WGL" or the any other region on here.. its text with a hyperlink, and nothing more.

Don't LIKE the change? PM.. that's it..
Want a change like it? PM.. that's it..
Want to complain? Get an infraction.. period. that's it..

Now, get out there and enjoy your Sunday like you should be doing, and don't fret over this crap any more.

I have to agree with I-Dom-In-VIII.

The only thing I thought when I saw this particular branch of the forums regular circle-jerkers in complete caps is that they're doing just that...stroking their ego's. It's basically saying, "Hey...screw everyone else on this forum...we're the greatest."

From what I understand the only time an argument arose is when "THE E.G.L." lackeys

I've got to say Glenn, Ive had no issue with you up until now... Don't come into the branch I mod and start insulting our member base!

I consider the majority of the EGL membership to be among some of my best friends. I value their friendship and advice (yes, even Steeda). You know ive met Harrry in person once and I talk to him on the phone like ive known him for 10 years.

5. I didn't say it was intended for every EGL member. They know exactly who they are, and if you took offense...then you must feel you're in on that crowd.

Was it intended for me? because Im assuming it was directed towards the group of people I call friends... That must make me one of them.

Have all the opinions you want, but stop insulting E.G.L

alright, now..

the "entertainment" is over.. PM's have been exchanged and further issues about this by other members should follow suit.

I'm doing this on my behalf, not forced.

I'm doing this on my behalf, not forced.

I do apologize for singling out specific members, I was in the wrong for doing that. Granted I didn't have much of a reputation to begin with, but I realize any that I had is now completely diminished/tarnished. I made some childish "retorts" that I shouldn't have made, and again...I'm not actually here looking for a fight. I love the site, community, and the cars...but I guess in my year and a half of membership I got accustomed to the way things were.

Mark, I especially apologize to you for milking the drama on your site. I need to realize that New Owner = New Changes.

Again, I apologize to anyone I may have offended with anything I had said, I really don't want to make enemies or have an entire branch looking to kick my ass if I do attend SZ, though I'm sure I won't exactly be welcomed.

Though I may not agree with the change, it's not my place to try and provoke anything with it.

Last edited:
word........anyone see any killer cars on woodward yet? i know they are out there
chris

there were about 2000 killer cars on WW last night.

since edwardo was too chicken to bring his slug out, i had to try and take my aggressions out on a murcielago last night, but he wouldn't have any of it. :laugh:

there were about 2000 killer cars on WW last night.

since edwardo was too chicken to bring his slug out, i had to try and take my aggressions out on a murcielago last night, but he wouldn't have any of it. :laugh:
Hey I will be up there next week.;) :crazy:

i like how this looks.

untitled.gif

well i thought it was interesting, one, and it doesn't exactly need a new thread. so i figured i throw it in this one. Seeing as the EGL's popularity has come up in here. Although i do see your point.

Back