• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blower fan problem

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
well the fan for ac and heat and all that broke. i turn it from low to high at each speed and it wont kick on. the heat and ac still works you can feel it a lil but the fan wont blow. fuse is good i already checked that. anyone else ever have this problem. uncle told me that it is probably the switch or maybe a resistor behind the switch.

If the resistor were bad, it should still work on high.

Check for power and ground to the blower motor when the fan control is turned to something other than off.

i would check the fuse panel by the clutch petal, mine was tottaly corroded, so i took it out and cleaned it, (just make sure you put all the fuses and plugs back correctly!! its pretty straight forward) and then it turned on.

Also check the fuse panel underneath the hood, my fans didnt turn on for the longest time, and it turned out to be a 60 amper fuse!

well i checked the fuse box under the steering wheel. it was the fuse in there. it was corroded and blown without a doubt it was starting to melt a little on one side. i replaced it and the blower worked fine. today i drove back to nc and had it on lo to the third highest fan speed. worked fine all day. then when i was almost home i put it on high and it blew the fuse. im thinking theres a short in the switch or something. any ideas?

well i checked the fuse box under the steering wheel. it was the fuse in there. it was corroded and blown without a doubt it was starting to melt a little on one side. i replaced it and the blower worked fine. today i drove back to nc and had it on lo to the third highest fan speed. worked fine all day. then when i was almost home i put it on high and it blew the fuse. im thinking theres a short in the switch or something. any ideas?
Change the connector.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=13808&highlight=blower

Back