• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trolls UNITE!

Jon,
That sounds like it's going to be pretty freaking sweet! I'm kind of kicking myself for going gasoline rather than diesel, but I'm really diggin my F150.

I'm so tempted to get a toy every other day type DD like a G35, C5, '93 Cobra.... the list is huge actually. I'm just sticking to the Imp and will decide AFTER it's road worthy and I'm into the next house. At this point, I'm having fun looking :) I'm pretty serious with my gf, so who knows what's in my near future :ponder: Then I could push her to get a sweet ride, and I could mod the living crap out of it and warrant it because I want to do it for her. But, I think she may want to actually drive it within the next year for some reason.....

Well I got my intake ducts/ram-air on today and my new cans are sitting in the garage...I'll try to get them on tomorrow. Then depending on the sound...an x-pipe.

I went ahead and ordered the swaybar. It's an Audi OEM 19mm sway bar that came with the S-Line (if I'm not mistaken) suspension.

I've decided that a catback is rubbish, I'm going to get 20 Hello Kitty potato shooters under the rear of the TT somehow. :p :censored:

On that note...

Sway bar was back ordered, so I bought a catback from Jetex last week and installed it today. :crazy: It's just a bit deeper than stock sound, and it's got that downshift burble. :D
I'll get that swaybar sometime down the road. No rush for now. I've got my burble to enjoy.:cool:

LMAO! In a week, tell me how much more fun it is to drive from this burble wafting through your window. :cool: Ah, the little things...

Since I "broke the seal" so to speak no I'm having a hard time not thinking about what to do next. I'm wanting to replace the exhaust, but not sure I want a full system. Bassani's system is awesome for my truck, but pricey. Its probably louder than I want too. The magnaflow system sounds AMAZING, but it doesn't replace the stock y pipe (yuck) and is 3". Seems way too big for a 4L. The Frontier with just the muffler replaced with an Edelbrock SCT muffler sounds pretty good, but I hate the idea of chambered mufflers (like Flowmaster poo).

What I really want is free flowing, but subtle. I want ZERO drone, and mild under load. Not sure if I can find it. Based on the Magnaflow sound, I may just pick up a monster Magnaflow muffler and see how I like it. Replace the y pipe, and I could have a nice system for $300 or less

Magnaflow cat back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyoNABJWpqs

Bassani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZLCfFt_uuo

Edelbrock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6TwilVLc8A

I also want a lift (not too expensive), but I'm not ready to ditch my brand new tires.

The other half of my brain says keep saving, don't mod the truck, and buy a Miata and go balls crazy (turbo). This is what I'm leaning towards, though I may replace the truck muffler anyway.

Decisions, Bah!

I'm in the same boat as you are really. I don't want to really mod my truck beyond the basics. An intake, cat-back, tuning and a small lift does wonders for any truck and it keeps it within reason. Better performance, better MPG and funner to drive. All while keeping it reliable :shrug:

Honestly, aftermarket cat-backs are a waist of money IMHO. They are so easy to make your own, get a really nice muffler and tip all while coming WAY below what it would cost to buy a prefab'd setup. You have all the tools to do it, and it really takes more time to think about it than actually do it. Scavange your OEM setup for the hangers, and it's even cheaper. You could also do it in steps too. Your y-pipe one weekend, and then the actual cat-back some other time.
The best part is that you'll refine your welding skills and have the satisfaction of doing it all your damn self :cool:

Yes, just a y pipe and muffler could be completed myself. Just gotta go and get the SS consumables.

The only plus to full cat back is it is painlessly swapped for stock if I turn into an old man and decide I don't like it.

V8s are easy, it all sounds good!

Back