• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Atlanta meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to meet up with the local SVT group. I'm in OHIO for a wedding the 18th weekend. Things you should consider doing, and I'll check the listings later this week. There are cruise in's every Sat night within a few miles of Matt's place. Lots of vintage and current cars and plenty of old timers to talk to. We've got a couple of covered bridges within 30 miles of Matt's and the one off of Concord may lend itself to some great pictures if the traffic co-operates. It is one lane and you could drop someone off with a camera then caravan the gaggle of SVT's accross getting a great picture entering or exiting.( http://www.dot.state.ga.us/specialsubjects/specialinterest/covered/concord.shtml) My suggested drive would be up to Euharlee. The route would take you through West Cobb, to Dallas/Acworth highway, to Fry Rd. From there you have a nice windy drive up the (hill) we call em mountains here, on Ivey Gullege to Old Cartersville Rd. (where I live) Then take Old cartersville Rd to Hwy 61 N to Braswell Mountain Rd. Very interesting Honky Tonk watering hole at the top of Braswell Mt. Then over to GA 113 via knox Mt road. From there you can get to the Euharlee Covered bridge or several nice picture stops along the Etowah River. There also a cool picture spot near there in Taylorsville where you drive right past the Neculear Power plant cooling towers. Really just Coal but look way cool. I'm always looking for unique places to get car shots and you can get real close to the plant. See link for a picture.(http://www.treepower.org/news/ajcsouthernco.html) Then back to Matt's (he'll still be busting knuckels on the header and his wife can start the burgers. Let me know if the date changes again.

Last edited:
I didn't know Matt was the guy that needed the headers put on. I'll bring my tools & my coveralls since I've done a couple of sets!!

I don't drink anymore, unfortunately, but I will do the dew!
John knows I can benchpress 2 of him!! :)

On 2nd thought bring that pretty GF of yours & she can feed me something. lol

Cheerleaders FTMFW

Last edited:
she's at a cheerleadin camp right now.................yes cheerleaders FTW

lol gawd if this wasnt a no swearing/PG board the possiablites lol!!!!!!

someone's pretty face is going to hell111!!!!!!!!11!!1111!!!! haha

hey branchedout bring all the couga's ya can man

I don't drink anymore, unfortunately, but I will do the dew!
John knows I can benchpress 2 of him!! :)

On 2nd thought bring that pretty GF of yours & she can feed me something. lol

Cheerleaders FTMFW

Mountain Dew it is!

John, that doesn't mean you are allowed to dress up as a cheerleader!

0cafa8a729ff312870a18609bc022220.gif

:crazy:

ill let my GF do that :cool:

welll....you know on second thought. i think i will dress as a cheerleader:drool: :crazy: .

any one wanna start a poll or bet?

( im serious too)

I'm starting to feel good about being out of town for this get together. I'd still like to participate in the beer drinking though. Matt, Perhaps you should suggest a Midtown cruise to the group instead of the drive through the hills, csvtjohnga would get more attention in his costume there. He may just get shot dressing like that around Kennesaw.

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a gun in the house.

I'm starting to feel good about being out of town for this get together. I'd still like to participate in the beer drinking though. Matt, Perhaps you should suggest a Midtown cruise to the group instead of the drive through the hills, csvtjohnga would get more attention in his costume there. He may just get shot dressing like that around Kennesaw.

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a gun in the house.

Haha. John is all talk (I hope). Yes, us Kennesawians are proud of our redneck heritage requiring us keep a gun in the house. I think I'll pass on this meet if it ends up in Midtown....

He is probably talking about a male cheerleader outfit, which wouldn't have the same humor, just gayness!
He doesn't want anyone to steal his goodies so he won't wear a skirt!

This is going to be a real treat to meet some of you characters, but I am looking forward to it. I have a feeling Ryan and I will be the old men of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back