• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Been quite a while since i posted an update....so here goes...

Chip just came in from Nautilus, nothing major, just a bumper rev limiter and no lower O2s for now.

The 2.5 is almost stripped of it's parts required for the build
The 3L tear down has started and will be finished Tuesday i presume
Once that's done the head porting begins

All the required parts for the engine build are here

One off suspension parts should be coming together in the following month or two and then it's just wiring it up.

I'm looking at another SVT this weekend, and if i pick that up it'll be the new DD so all the required parts form BLKOUT2 can be harvested to get this thing done....then BLKOUT2's project gets started. :cool:

Did you port the heads yet?!?!? - I want to see them and barter some things for you to do my porting too :)

Did you port the heads yet?!?!? - I want to see them and barter some things for you to do my porting too :)

I haven't ported them yet. I don't know if you know but I'm running 2.5 heads. Is that your plan too? We haven't talked much about your engine build. I'd be more than happy to port your heads once my DD is done. Right now that is my first priority, then it's getting the track car done.

Ohhhh, 3L hybrid huh? cool man. I am just porting the 3.0 heads to bolt up my SVT UIM. Just going ported 3L, not changing internals.
Get your DD on the road, swing by to get your powder coated parts, pick through my prarie tan stuff, and barter some more powder coating for you to port my 3L and lube it up so I can just drop it in....... :) - OH, and I will rock a PRT sticker too.

on a side note josh... theres alot to be had in the wiring. I just completed round one of skimming the main body harness [this accounts for just the harness running along the floorboards, this does not include the trunk breakout harness, anything dash related, or the doors]. This is for a cougar, you'd be cutting out more wires on the contour as you guys had a fair amount more going on. anyways, this cuts out the rear wiper, defroster, 3rd brake light, evap canister, remote trunk popper, trunk open sensor, trunk key sensor for alarm, door ajar sensors, 4 unused plugs, keyfob functionality, stereo functionality, side airbags, alarm, parking brake sensor, alarm hazard relays...

it retains all door locking/window/mirror adjustment functionality along with the atx shifter harness.... that will be redone in round 2.

eitherway, thats 5.6 pounds right there

p5280232bi3.jpg

It's in the corner until i finish up a customer car. I'm hoping to have it running with a 2.5 in September to take it to Real Street Drags at Union Grove raceway.

It's in the corner until i finish up a customer car. I'm hoping to have it running with a 2.5 in September to take it to Real Street Drags at Union Grove raceway.

The cougar is still in your shop! :eek: - I thought Newsvt was a motivator, get on it boys :)

ORLY? we'll have to make a friendly competition out of it. see how properly prepped cars on stock blocks perform. actually wont be much of a competition as I still have the atx.

oh big thanks for the bolts josh... charging up the battery as we speak, hopefully will have it running tonight.

ORLY? we'll have to make a friendly competition out of it. see how properly prepped cars on stock blocks perform. actually wont be much of a competition as I still have the atx.

oh big thanks for the bolts josh... charging up the battery as we speak, hopefully will have it running tonight.

No problem man. If i go you'll definitely have to bring her up. Two gutted out CDW27's in one place...people will think the world is ending.

actually, I'm really excited to hear your putting a 2.5 back in. I really want to see the numbers on "this is as far as it can be taken without adding power", and what times you can get in the mtx and atx trims.

It's less "slackerness" and more "what kind of dealership only stocks one valve cover gasket and one exhaust manifold gasket for a V6 engine?" The answer, of course, is the only one you can get a discount at.
When B&B Ford didn't have something I needed, they got it in that same afternoon expressed from somewhere in the south side of the state. Bummer though. The only thing they couldn't do was headlights, which I picked up from Team Ford

What the fark no pics no progress? christ almighty not even a stupid Mike joke about his mechanical inabilities? ho well

Well, 10 pages of catching up later(I havent been on here in a while - March-ish:crazy:), I found out a lot. The only question remaining is about the current status of the car. Hows she lookin?

Hows she lookin?

Empty....

The track car project starts again once my t red is done in a few weeks. I have just about everything i need for the car sitting here, so once things start happening it should come together quickly.

I'm still coming up with new ideas for it weekly, so it's an ever growing list of mods to come.

Back