• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

carpet color...

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Hey I'm just curious my 98 CSVT has midnight blue carpet to match the midnight blue interior. This 99 CSVT silver frost on eBay has gray colored carpet with it's midnight blue interior. Is that right? Or is this a really good clone.

99 SVT Contour eBay linky

well heres the VIN:
a6bc_4.JPG

and the exhaust tips need help:crazy:

COol..

COol..

Looks just like mine... :laugh:

Oh, BTW: #1483 of 2760
and born: 03/18/99
And it does have 200 HP... Maybe more with that custom exhaust (or is it just tips..hrm...).

AND.. what is "Performance Suspension Timing"???

Last edited:
It doesnt look terrible, but does kinda look out of place. That got me thinking though. I wonder what a silver svt would look like with prarie tan interior. :ponder:

Yeah, looks ok until you compare to the real Midnight Blue carpet. I think I'm holding onto the carpet from my parts car and swapping it into my 2000 at some point.

it is not a clone. The VIN has a G in it which means it has the 2.5HO motor that is only in the SVT's

The carpet does not look gray coming through my monitor. And it looks like the same carpet in the last 3 of my SVT's

it is not a clone. The VIN has a G in it which means it has the 2.5HO motor that is only in the SVT's

The carpet does not look gray coming through my monitor. And it looks like the same carpet in the last 3 of my SVT's

Need better glasses. :p

It's definitely gray. Any 98.5-00 I've seen has gray while 98 had true MNB. I had this debate with Big Jim also a while back.

It's definitely gray. Any 98.5-00 I've seen has gray while 98 had true MNB. I had this debate with Big Jim also a while back.
hmmmm I just thought it might have been the way the light was hitting it in the pics but never paid that much attention

ok, challenge time then. Each of the following are my SVT's. One is an E0 and the other is a 99.

Can you tell which is which?

DC047.jpg

DSCF0223-1.jpg

lol wow I never noticed!

I have the contrast turned up on my laptop (long story) so they both look exactly the same in pictures.

If the rear seat picture was a 99, it would of looked more like this........

Actually, let's stack the pictures together........
1999-2000
a6b7_4.JPG

DSCF0223-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back