• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

morette

Antique reflector technology can suck it!

a person trying to sell projector retrofits probably shouldnt be in here debating projectors versus reflectors. that is not what is being discussed.

what is being discussed is an awesome aftermarket product that is not only superior in looks but superior in performance as well over the stockers.

i know that you like the looks of the morettes or you wouldnt be PMing me trying to buy them and you can ask todras about the performance. he was in the car when we took it out for the first time with the morettes installed.

Hell yes! Those suckers are BRIGHT! I don't know how you could want anything more. If reflectors suck in your opinion then fine. I have never seen a Contour light light up the road. None of that HID/projector cut off pattern crap. Light is thrown far and wide. I would not want to reminded of forgetting to dim my hi beams by a Contour with Morette's. Blindness would surely occur.

Hell yes! Those suckers are BRIGHT! I don't know how you could want anything more. If reflectors suck in your opinion then fine. I have never seen a Contour light light up the road. None of that HID/projector cut off pattern crap. Light is thrown far and wide. I would not want to reminded of forgetting to dim my hi beams by a Contour with Morette's. Blindness would surely occur.

the new age reflectors are sweet, my brothers G35 has reflector HID's and they light up the road really really well. In todays cars, projectors are becomming more and more standart. Car companies like Hyundai, Saturn and etc are standardizing projectors using halogen light bulbs. Im almost certain in the next 5 years, projectors will be on 70% of cars. Now given the state of the morette, I saw them at SZ too and they are crazy bright. Im certain that people who will buy them will love them because anything better then stock lighting, especially morette, will be amazing. If I have spare cash, I will def. pick up a set and projectorize it, quad stile w/bi-xenon yo :drool:

a person trying to sell projector retrofits probably shouldnt be in here debating projectors versus reflectors. that is not what is being discussed.

what is being discussed is an awesome aftermarket product that is not only superior in looks but superior in performance as well over the stockers.

i know that you like the looks of the morettes or you wouldnt be PMing me trying to buy them and you can ask todras about the performance. he was in the car when we took it out for the first time with the morettes installed.

Ive said before and Ill say again, these will own stock lighting hard - no doubt about it. They also look pretty damn decent, I havent decided if I like them on silver yet but If I didnt they wouldnt be hard to resell even if I put projectors in them

Yeah I appreciate you replying to my PM in such a timley manner :rolleyes:. Its a good thing you got over your little episode at SZ, or did you? I thought you did because you sure as hell didnt talk the **** you talked online. You even excepted my gesture of kindness. I can see your character now. Maybe ill wait and pick up a set that fits if they ever materialize.

As for projector vs reflector, whatever Im done trying to teach about projectors, reflectors, or HID lighting. Ill leave all of that to the "expert"
Goonz.

I have a brand new set of those Mondeo Morettes and they wont fit unless you modify quite a bit of the Contour to get them to fit.. They are complete quality and quite impressionable in person to see.

Anyways... Steeda, M!keys Morettes are prototypes and thats why they dont fit properly.. they have since fixed the fitament issue and have a set of lights that have fit properly in 3 different vehicles now WITHOUT gaps - the ONLY thing that is holding up these lights is the sidemarker w/ DOT standards and Harold and Patrick will have plans to change that to make it pass.

I'm still on the bandwagon for these and definately will be one of the first to fork the money out for them when we finally get the green light to order a set thru Patrick.

Anyways... Steeda, M!keys Morettes are prototypes and thats why they dont fit properly.. they have since fixed the fitament issue and have a set of lights that have fit properly in 3 different vehicles now WITHOUT gaps - the ONLY thing that is holding up these lights is the sidemarker w/ DOT standards and Harold and Patrick will have plans to change that to make it pass.

Really? I didn't know

Made you look.

On a serious note, I recall reading somewhere that these are supposed to be done by the end of this year. About two weeks left. We shall see.

goonz like you need them. you have the beautiful retros.

oh but the morettes will be retro'd as well! they will be the ULTIMATE retro with the whole TL-ZKW package!

they will look like this in the end

colorlow.jpg

Back