• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of my neighbors' houses

It is a nice truck but It would be better if it was a diesel. Those trucks rock. POWER out the a$$.

Yeah, diesel would have been cool, but back in 04 when we bought it there was all sorts of issues with the computer flashes that Ford had done. There was a flash in 03 that was for emissions reasons that made the diesels seem like they had about as much power as the 5.4. People's trucks were getting the flash even if they just went to the dealer for an inspection or something minor. Plus, the 7.3 > 6.0!! Oh, and the V10 (310 HP, 425 Torque) was only a $300 option as opposed to a $6000 option for the powerstroke.

Yeah, diesel would have been cool, but back in 04 when we bought it there was all sorts of issues with the computer flashes that Ford had done. There was a flash in 03 that was for emissions reasons that made the diesels seem like they had about as much power as the 5.4. People's trucks were getting the flash even if they just went to the dealer for an inspection or something minor. Plus, the 7.3 > 6.0!! Oh, and the V10 (310 HP, 425 Torque) was only a $300 option as opposed to a $6000 option for the powerstroke.

My brothers diesel is an 01'. He has the six speed maual and he gets 23-25 mpg all the time. The better gas mileage will pay for the diesel if you keep it for a long time. He has about 220,000 miles on it. I know its somewhere in that area. He loves the truck but he did pay for it. Those things aren't cheap.

I'd love to have one of the new ones with the twin turbos but I can't see myself paying $50k to get it.

Back