• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

San Diego contour SVT

EvanSDSVT

CEG'er
My contours engine went a while back and I havent had time to do anything about it yet except let it get dusty. It needs a new engine and I just want to check what someone would pay for it in this condition or possibly trade before I go ahead with any plan of action. im gonna put it on craigslist barter section in san diego but if anyone wants to make an offer or whatever My email is Evansd06@yahoo.com

Its a 98 E0 about 72-73k miles and is in pretty alright shape for its year.

Trade offers or cash offers speak volumes. Dont want to part out because she wants to be driven.

As-Is buyer must pick up.

Thanks,
Evan

Attachments

• Evan_s_Car_0001.JPG
    Evan_s_Car_0001.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 0
sucks that your car died already.
bump for a nice car, ive seen it on the road a couple of times around SDSU.
have you thought of doin a 3L swap or puttin a new motor? both options are cheaper than buyin a new car

Thanks for the bump
Yeah Ive already had a few estimates done and offers given, $2000 seems to be the going rate to get a replacement. I found a low miles 3L for around $750 a few hours north of here and a Stock SVT engine with 52k for the same price, I think they were at a yard in Fontana. Im condsidering getting an engine with almost my exact same mileage (72k) installed locally for a decent price considering convenience. Im just running on a time frame because its on the street I dont have anywhere to keep it right now. Plus Ive been stalling for a while and its catching up with me.

Try Bonds Auto its on El Cajon. They have done really good work on my car and have worked on contours before. Did you live around state? I think I saw your car infront of the dorms one day. I have another T-Red SVT. I have seens lots of silver frost svts in mission valley but only one T-Red around Chappys Dorm going down 55th.

Yep that was me, I live about a block away from there. I have seen a T-red heading up college one time, Chinaskis, and a black one down by the hospital. Too bad mine is across the freeway collecting dust right now.

Thats crazy, I live one block over on Redding. I actually went to a party on Hewlett last night.. were you there? It was at the house by the bottom of the cul-de-sac with the red porch light. I dont really know anyone there, but my buddy from work Bryan invited me over so I walked over with some friends to check it out.

Oh and I was just listing SVT's I've seen in general around here not just t-red ones.

I have almost finalized my plans to replace the engine with the used one. So pretty soon you'll see her back in action.

I've only been stalling on the contour because I had to get a new clutch in the saturn, a transmission output speed sensor for the caravan, and I sold the mustang. I got one guy to take care of it all, I sold him the mustang and he subtracted both the repairs from the total price at a reduced fee, which is great considering I paid nothing for both the saturn and van and now they both run like champs and I got back my investment on the mustang. Plus I have driveway space now! Worked out great. And now I have the time for my real passion, the Contour.

yeah i do got a silver svt, the one in mission valley may have been mine since i do work and beverages and more in mission valley. we should set up a meet for the next "race legal" event at qualcomm.

keep us updated on your car

HAHAHAHA YOU WERE AT MY HOUSE!! THAT IS REALLY FUNNY! I was not there though because I am back in San Jose trying to get out of debt but that is really funny that you were at my house. So since you were there you can go clean it up because its trashed now, haha.

No way! thats unreal.. How cool is that. Ive lived one block over my whole life. That party was hilarious, especially the ceiling monted beer nozzles. Those were awesome, but I left early around 11 because there was another party with more people that I knew going on a few blocks away. Sucks about your house getting trashed, Ill have my maid stop by next time she comes!

So Ive found a stock 98.5 SVT with around 70k that was a rear end crash and Its about 2000 installed. I could go for that but 3L would be nice if I had the time. Anyone know of any around here for sale?

Ya know, it figures.....everyone moves away when I get back from deployment and now when ppl start showing back up in SD I am the one moving away.....Dont see too many CSVT's up near Fresno so I'll go to meets all by myself and like it!

Well I have been looking all over for engines, I just spent about an hour on the phone calling LKQ and several yards from car part.com Found a few decent 3.0s but with higher mileage than I want and higher price than I would like.

And all I really want is this car back on the road. I Might just swap.

I also asked about some SVT engines I saw but all I can seem to find are Non SVT 2.5s and mercury cougar 2.5s. and one 98.5 off craigslist for 1500

Anyone have a line on a used svt engine? 1500 is the best price Ive come up with so far. Will all SVT engine years work on my E0?

I'm about to have my car towed back to the house so the city doesn't tow her. So feel free to come over (you might be able to see it from your back yard)and check her out when you're back in town brad, She has a few blemishes but nothing a little touch up wont fix :laugh:

-Evan

For 3L engines look to spend around 400-600. car part.com I know has 3L engines on there, you might need to make the search larger for all the 3L engines that will fit in the car, there are I believe 4 models. I still am sure though that there are 3L engines around LA for very cheap. I would keep searching.

I towed her home about an hour ago, It's much safer in my neighborhood than where she was before. They just passed some ordinance and went tow crazy over there, I saw two abandoned cars get towed like two days ago so I got her out of there as soon as possible. Right in time too, some of the neighbors came out and told me it was a good thing I was getting her out of there because they had reported it. Old people ya know..... Its not like shes an eyesore or anything:rolleyes:

At the very least this buys me a few more weeks time to decide what to do.

Yeah I saw that guy, hes the guy who was collecting for the keg.... I didnt pay... heh.

The problem I'm running into is that the internet searches on LKQ and Car Part list specific engines and when I call they don't have it. I'm not too worried about time, but my budget is only 2k for all this and I don't think ill have enough to mod the trans. And I don't know jack about cars so I most likely wont have enough for labor. The engine is still good just needs the heads rebuilt and new belts, So Im still thinking over my plan.... Open to ideas too.

But for now I have one really sexy lawn ornament :laugh:

yeah i do got a silver svt, the one in mission valley may have been mine since i do work and beverages and more in mission valley. we should set up a meet for the next "race legal" event at qualcomm.

keep us updated on your car

I work right across the street from BevMo at Mimi's. I skate that lot sometimes after work. I don't think I've seen you around there though just up by SDSU. Ive also seen a Black CSVT at Best Buy twice. Maybe they work there. I would be down to watch if you hit up qualcomm. It would be interesting to see how your 2.5 would do compared to brad's 3.0

i honestly think brads 3.0 would kill me and i think im goin to wait to drag cuz you need a helmet for the race legal events. if you want to check out my car i usually park right in front of bevmo cuz im lazy and dont like to park really far from work, but ive been suspended from work so thats probably why you havent seen it there lately...

Back