• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fram air filter

97vulcan

CEG'er
So I know not to use a Fram oil filter, but can anyone tell me if the fram air filters are good for a CSVT?

Thanks,
Adam

I'm sure they are fine. Just change them every 6 months or so (depending on dust conditions) and you should be fine. I used Puralator this recent time, just because they were within easy reach at Advance (or Autozone). :shrug: I can't really remember as I bought it about 3 months ago.

K&N or WIX for the Most Air Flow.

AMSoil for Most Particle Filtration.

If you live in a "dirty air" part of the country, AMSoil... "clean air", K&N/WIX.

My $.02.

motorcrafts are good and for awhile you could get them at wal-mart. i would stay away from k&n, i have seen some not cleaned and oiled correctly and it will wipe out the piston walls. obviously if they are maintaned correctly they are fine.

I wouldn't stay away from one of the better performing, and cheaper (when combined with its performance) filters (K&N) just because there is a POSSIBILITY of doing something wrong...

simply learn how to do it right, and go from there! Would you avoid a manual transaxle because you've heard that if you don't know how to drive one you might ruin the clutch? NO! You simply learn to drive one correctly, then benefit from the better performance of the MTX.

K&N, cleaned, oiled LIGHTLY.. its what 90% of any member who upgrades on here will use, and for a very good reason!
'

Back