• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BLOWED UP 2.5l PICS!!!!!

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
go go gadget 100 shot!

it took a piston just like i thought. if i cant get the pics up i'll try again.

url]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Barm/IMG_1089.jpg

Last edited:
it was just a hyperutectic piston that went, just like i expected. it kinda makes me want to keep with the nitrous, but with direct port. the heads are completely ruined (one anyhow) so i'll probably scrap the two 2.5L motors i have for some $$..... all the heads, and the blocks, etc. hopefully that'll at least cover the core charge on the 3L :)

ooh sick burn todras well lets start the betting for SZ 08? it's gonna come back strong and nobody will be laughing next year :)

If you have any questions along the way with the 3L build, just gimme a call. I want you to get it back up and running w/o any issues. God knows I spent an a$$load of time reading up on my 3L build I might as well share my fresh knowledge.

i know all about hyperutectic pistons, me and terry were just talking about it.

i already scrapped out the block but the piston is one molten blob and a billion ground up pieces of aluminum, the rest of the pistons look like new. there was no pitting on the domes like i thought there would be..... everything seemed tight except the broken piston and the bent rod. sorry i didnt get any closeups.

That looks very similar to ShogoFast's destruction. Looks like maybe your cylinder pressures were high enough to crack these brittle pistons. Any questions with your 3L give me a call.

yeah i was looking at my dyno sheet more..... and noticing that i got anxious and hit the nitrous about 300 rpm premature to the secondaries opening. i could have had a little mixture puddling on top of the butterflies and when they opened, gave it a jolt of fuel/air/nitrous and backfired a little too hard for the stock piston. i guess it doesnt matter much now :)

Back