• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bring Back Svt!

wait...you have to make a donation to sign a PETITION?!?!

I'm all for bringing back SVT, but give me a break :rolleyes:

There's no donation neccesary to sign. You should be able to skip that. 25 other folks where able to sign as of 5:00pm CDT yesterday (05/30/2007) and there were no complaints from other members.

As of this morning we are at 39 sigs, not a bad start.

I'm not a member for any other forum groups, so if anyone would like to keep this going feel free to take the petition link to that forum and keep the momentum going.

Thanks. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Bring_back_SVT/

thats not the roush fusion. it has not been released yet, hell its not even on their website yet.

Looks like a badge, wheels and a windshield banner to me. I don't see extra suspension, forced induction, or anything. Aren't Rouch 'Stangs supercharged??

I dont think anything "Roushified" would be an automatic anyways. These peoplesound like a dealer in my area where they just slap a window banner some wheels and such on a car and call it a "Roush Edition".

Bringing back svt vehicles would be the best thing Ford could do for themselves right now.:cool:

Wrong.

The best thing would to build a car to compete with the G35 market place.

They need a car with style and soul. The Fusion started off as a good concept, but the lack of drivetrain options and gland styling dosent make it stand out.

They need to build all of their cars with a higher quality consumer in mind. Just make it reasonably priced and good looking and it will sell.

Just make it reasonably priced and good looking and it will sell.

Too true.. But when did Ford ever build somethin and "Reasonably" price it. The contours werent that cheap back in the day they were started. I can tell ya this. I wouldnt have been able to afford my car new. Even though it was only a 17,740 dollar car new.:cool:

And its only a Stique.. Not even an svt!

Last edited:
Bringing back svt vehicles would be the best thing Ford could do for themselves right now.:cool:

...The best thing would to build a car to compete with the G35 market place.

They need a car with style and soul. The Fusion started off as a good concept, but the lack of drivetrain options and gland styling dosent make it stand out.

They need to build all of their cars with a higher quality consumer in mind. Just make it reasonably priced and good looking and it will sell.

G35 Coupe or Sedan?

Coupe-wise, the G35 is basically a luxury Nissan Z, to which I think the 'Stang holds up fine.

But as far as G35 sedan goes, your right, nothing in the Ford stable really comes close.

I think the closest thing that could compare is if Ford brought back the Taurus SHO. The Taurus got renamed the 'Five Hundred' as Ford's retarded "Way Forward" plan to rename everything to start with a 'F' (Focus, Fusion, Five Hundred, Freestyle, etc), which I don't get. :shrug:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Taurus to learn more.

The Taurus had the kind of recogition that car companies have to work YEARS for. If/When SVT comes back, in one form or another, the Taurus SHO had better come shortly thereafter.

The best thing would to build a car to compete with the G35 market place.

I think they should do something special for the Milan, or even the MKZ to compete with the G35, and the Fusion should be aimed at the 350Z as far as appointments. 2 door option FTMFW!

Fusion (current model) ---> Camry/Accord fools
Fusion (SVT) 2 door only ---> 350Z
Milan (ST) sedan done up nicely ---> G35 Sedan
MKXXXV 2 door only ---> G35 Coupe.

All with all-wheel drive and the 3.5L (WITH MANUAL TRANNY AVAILABLE)

I wouldn't buy one now though. The MS6 is pleasing me nicely.

I think they should do something special for the Milan, or even the MKZ to compete with the G35, and the Fusion should be aimed at the 350Z as far as appointments. 2 door option FTMFW!

Fusion (current model) ---> Camry/Accord fools
Fusion (SVT) 2 door only ---> 350Z
Milan (ST) sedan done up nicely ---> G35 Sedan
MKXXXV 2 door only ---> G35 Coupe.

All with all-wheel drive and the 3.5L (WITH MANUAL TRANNY AVAILABLE)

I wouldn't buy one now though. The MS6 is pleasing me nicely.

But don't tell me that an new SHO with... say... 450 hp (I think a new Yamaha V8 could handle that, you?) wouldn't knock the p-ss out of a G35, or for that matter an M.

Ford shouldn't do anything to compete with the g35. If you want a g35 go out and buy a g35.
Ford is sticking with family cars for the next couple years.
It should start low then aim high. Ford is aiming for toyota right now.in the mid to lower level compact cars.

And thats the bottom line.

Also Tourgie Roush did the performance pakage for the 2001 cobra's after the recall in 2000.

So they are willing to help svt out when needed. I believe the fusion model will be an ST version.

I am really anxious to see the new mazda6. There are only spy photos so far.

Back