• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

True Dual Questions

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
OK, I have already ordered my Supertrapps for my true dual set-up. I also have ordered two flex pipes.

Right now I have weapon-r headers, and a BAT Y-Pipe, and a Bosal Cat Back System. Its super loud. I want it way quieter.

I am having a shop build me a true dual system, they are charging me 350 bucks if I supply any flex pipes, cats, resonators, muffelers and all they need to do it bend pipe, weld components together, and weld hangers on and align everything.

I am also using 2 2" piping.

Should I be looking to buy 2 resonators and 2 cats, or just 2 resonators, or just two cats? Also, there is the o2 sensor that is behind my cat on my BAT Y-pipe, where should I hook that up at? - what I mean is should I buy a cat that has a 02 bung, or should i not use it, or should i just have it in the piping behnd a resonator?!

Thanks very much for the help!!

Last edited:
1. To me "true duals" are dual off the headers, is this what you mean?
2. I am not sure why/how you would put "true duals" on a car that you want quieter as it is now?:crazy:
3. If you are sold on duals that are quiet I would cut the bell ends off the Ypipe and leave that portion on the headers and sh*t at that point you could weld in res,cat and mufflers.
Good Luck-Rikk

Obviously you have no idea how loud my car is right now.... i guess since nobody can give me an opinion, i am going to just put two high flow cats on it, adn if i need to qadd resonators later to quiet it down more, i will...

You're not getting many opinions because most people that have true duals do it for performance so therefore have no cats.

If you want quiet it will be too loud most likely with just mufflers.

You're not getting many opinions because most people that have true duals do it for performance so therefore have no cats.

If you want quiet it will be too loud most likely with just mufflers.

\yeah, i know it will be too loud with just my supertrapps, but what i am asking is should i do just resonators, or just cats, or both?

If you want it quiet go with both maybe wait for someone to chime in on a quiet cat,res'd,muffled set up.Good Luck-Rikk
What size are those Supertrapps?

I can get you 2 hi flow cats for about 200 shipped if you want them. Also could get you 2.25 resonators but i would have to get a price on those

Have the mufflers in your bosal exhaust been destroyed?

I have a twin exit (quasi) stainless exhaust, with two back boxes, which HAD mufflers in them. My MSDS headers, and main cat removal pipe meant that lots of hot exhaust gases were being fed down the pipe to the rear boxes.

No more mufflers......

My car is damn loud. REALLY loud. I rented a GT-H back in Feb, and my car is a lot louder than it. But I love it. :)

New mufflers might help reduce the volume. I'd love true duals for performance, and I wouldn't bother trying to make the car quieter if it meant loosing power/performance.

Good luck with it, and post pics of your setup when your done! :)

my supertrapps are the 4" out with 2" in and 17 " long...

my bosal kit is fine, its just superloud, which from what ive heard, its the loudest setup as far as cat backs go...

i think i am going to do 2 high flow cats with my supertrapps at first, and if i need to quiet it down more, then i'll add resonators. can anyone educate me on the difference between metal core and ceramic core, and hy i'd choose one over the other?

my supertrapps are the 4" out with 2" in and 17 " long...

my bosal kit is fine, its just superloud, which from what ive heard, its the loudest setup as far as cat backs go...

i think i am going to do 2 high flow cats with my supertrapps at first, and if i need to quiet it down more, then i'll add resonators. can anyone educate me on the difference between metal core and ceramic core, and hy i'd choose one over the other?

Wiht out resonators it will drone all day long. stop being so cheap and do it right.

Heck put cherry bombs on if your gonna be that cheap about resonators.

Are you putting cats on just to quiet it down? or because you actually want to be environmentally friendly? If it's just for sound use a longer resonator.

i am using cats to make it quieter...

also, if i only used resonators, where would I put the o2 sensors that are located right now in my BVAT Y-Pipe Cat?! And if I have a true dual, which side do I put it in?

Last edited:
Thanks, talked with a couple mechanic firneds and got there inpt as well, i wasnt being cheap about resonator,s i just dont want to lose power, i am going with two cats, 2 resonators, and my supertrapps, wish me luck!!

Good Luck....but I think the 4" out the back may be the problem no matter what res or cats, 4" is huge. Don't Supertrapps come with some kind of silencer plates or something?
Rikk

you can quiet the car down without losing significant power. Just make sure to use a straight through design muffler, like magnaflow. I am also pretty sure a resonator would be less restrictive than a hi flow cat. I can see straight through a resonator, while cats have all that crap in them to save the environment.

disregard my last post. These supertrapps things make no sense. They look really restrictive to me. I don't even know where the exhaust will come out of. It has a huge cap on the tip. These supertrapps are just tips right? IF that link was for a muffler, then you will need cats and resonators to keep this car quiet! Those supertraps are too small to look like they could effectively muffle your exhaust note.

they effectively muffle the exhaust note randy, you'll see on july 14th! they are bigger then that picture looks, its got a 2" inlet, and its 4" out, and 17" long...supertrapps are not for the weak and timid...

I always thought super traps were ghetto. Well we can always have a first on csvt's i guess:blackeye:

Back