• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new mod for me! mufflers to kill my loud exhaust note.

RandyCSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Hopefully these will look nice and quiet my car down a bit. I am going for more of a sleeper sound. 3inches all the way through to 4 inch double wall tips.

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

They are magnaflow race series 14819

I currently have MSDS headers, MSDS y-pipe, Stock cat, non-resonated magnaflow trubends 2.5" system.

I also have a trubendz stainless test pipe, but I am not sure if I am gonna install it. I will put the mufflers on first, and if it is too quiet I will install the test pipe.

my exahust has no main cat, no res 2.5" to my two mufflers.. soon to have headers... i cant wait.. lol..

Don't tell me that you can weld. That would suck because I could have taken my SVT exhaust to you instead.

Looks very nice, will have to check it out at the next meet.

Don't tell me that you can weld. That would suck because I could have taken my SVT exhaust to you instead.

Looks very nice, will have to check it out at the next meet.

I can't weld, but my fiancee's uncle can. The only problem is he doesn't have the equipment to weld stainless steel, and my cat back is stainless. I am just gonna go to a muffler shop and have them weld these two on.

Oh yeah! :p I got no resonator and everything else is stock, an you've hear it, and it sounds pretty sweet! Maybe in the future I'll cut the cat out,an maybe headers after that, but idk.... i'd rather have a 3L but that's a long time away righ tnow....

this car sounds great at idle and WOT, but it is just too loud for everyday cruising. It gets annoying to take off from a light at partial throttle and sound like you are about to fly by someone. I almost feel like a ricer making so much noise and not going anywhere. I purposely either drive really slow or really fast. I hate making noise, but mot really going anywhere. I want to get back to the point where the car is quiet unless I floor it.

I have weapon-r headers, a BAT Y-Pipe, and a Bosal Cat Back that is resonated, and has muffelers, and my car is WAY TOO LOUD!! I was thinking supertrapps to quiet mine down?! Good luck Randy with those, let me/us know hopw well they work on quieting down the situation...

I have weapon-r headers, a BAT Y-Pipe, and a Bosal Cat Back that is resonated, and has muffelers, and my car is WAY TOO LOUD!! I was thinking supertrapps to quiet mine down?! Good luck Randy with those, let me/us know hopw well they work on quieting down the situation...

Swap out the Bosal exhaust for something else.

The Bosal is the loudest exhaust setup out there.

This is my attempt to make the car quieter! I am adding mufflers at the rear bumper. I currently only have two straight pipes and a muffler where the resonator was.

I think it's going to be pretty loud also-- Those are almost what I have, minus the headers, etc and my car has a nice groin to it

why does everyone think the car will be louder when I am adding two mufflers in a place that currently has straight pipes????

It makes sense to me. Loud car + mufflers = muffled car (not as loud)

The car is already really F-ing loud, it can only get more quiet from here. The only thing I have silencing the car is a stock cat and one magnaflow muffler after this I will have a stock cat and three magnaflow mufflers (I am starting to think I wont install the test pipe...I feel bad for the environment).

Last edited:
I think it's going to be pretty loud also-- Those are almost what I have, minus the headers, etc and my car has a nice groin to it

I already have a nice growl from my car, but I don't think I want my car to have a GROIN. I have enough balls for both me and my car :)

I got the new mufflers put on. The car seems a little louder than stock at idle and under 4k rpms, and sounds nice and loud over 4k rpms.

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

Back