• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to find parts for 2 bolt flange

BCSVT

CEG'er
Ok, I have just found out that that the nut and spring for one side of my two bolt flange connecting the catalytic converter to the y-pipe is missing. I have been to the ford dealership and they don't seem to stock the spring for that bolt and nut? It seems the spring does not exhist anymore? Has anyone run into this or know where I can find the proper parts? Thanks.

Part numbers:
5D280
W701250-S402 <-- I have found this part, but it does me no good w/o the spring to go with it.

David

Go to murrays or any other auto part store. They have in the exhaust section springs with bolts in a pakage for around 7 dollars . Take your spring up there and pick which pakage has your spring in it. There are about 4 differnt style springs with bolts inside them to choose from. That fizs your problem. Have a good day :)

Thats what i did.

(tks to stazi for telling me)

I finished a custom Y pipe last Fall and used new springs, clips and SS pins in the flange. Now I think I threw the box away. I'll look and see if I can find it for you so you have the correct p/n.

I probably have a bunch of used ones kicking around. I'd be awful certain that the part I/you get is the correct 1. It's got to be stainless and be the correct height or it won't tighten and hold the nut. I'd be really leary of an aftermarket supplier....

I actually contacted Bill Jenkins and he found the correct parts for me. Got everything I needed and shipped to me quickly. Bill is awesome. He's going to be my go to man for parts from now on.

Back