• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody Please Help, I really Could use some.

St.Kittz

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Ok so I know NOTHING, when it comes to cars, so I REALLY can use some input and help.

I have a '95 Contour only 150,000km ( around 100,000 miles I think ? ). Anyway I have had virtually no problems, my alternator replaced and thats it.

Today I wa son my way home - 2 blocks from my house at a stop sign and my car just SHUT OFF. I wouldnt really say it stalled, everything just shut off - it was completely dead. After 5 mins it started and within 30 secs , same thing.. On the 3rd try I made it home atleast. And havent been outside again too see what happens.

My engine tends to run a lil past 1/2 it seems on hotter days - and in the summer I definetly can feel the engine heat when sitting in the drivers seat. NOw it did Not Over heat today and there is plenty of coolant,
My airconditioner does not work - just blows hot air.
And too note today I had my heat cranked - as it was pouring rain and was stuck with incredibly foggy windows.

Did having the heat on have sumthing to do with it? electrical? ...

HELP

I am trying to fix up my contour and oddly enough when this happened i was coming abck from the ford dealership getting new weather stripping, and pricing rims.

So again ANYONE PLEASE, FEEEDBACK?

Thanx

money_maykaz@hotmail.com

relax, this isnt anything big.

clean or replace your IAC valve.

that is if its a duratec... What Engine and trans do you have?

Stalling could also be bad battery or loose connection at the posts. Duratec V6 runs at M in Normal, radiator cooling fans turn on and lower temp, stop, turn on at M, etc.

Back