• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MORE Z06! (Video Clips)

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Well i got my hands on her again. This time she was in really bad shape. Last night there was an even for auto-X in the rain where he had a shunt and spun off course into all the dirt and grass. While he lost control, he spun and was goin back and back until WHOOSH! he slammed his right rear rims into a concrete curb crackin about a 4" chunk. The wheel is junk now, (thank God he was on his race set) he wants the new chrome wheels to use as his street wheels while taking off the regular ones he has on now and using those as his race rims since they are lighter. Not atlo of pics cause you all have seen it but this is what I did

2 hours of cleaning off all the dirt, cone marks and brake dust
Washed with dawn soap
Zaino CLay bar
Zaino wash
Zaino ZFX (Z5)
Zaino ZFX (Z2)
Zaino Z6

Pictures below dont show the end result, just the pics of how dirty the car was and a few washed pics, but none of after it was zaino'd..that in all was just unbelievable, he payed me double, thats how good it was :D

Just pulled her in (was sitting in between sprinklers, its not a garaged car)

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

Notice all the marks from hitting cones..

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

dirty exhaust!

5-1.jpg

after washing her with dawn soap and cleaning the rims/calipers

6-1.jpg

After Claybar and Zaino Wash

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

Next up is a mini video I made of the noise inside the car and the exhaust notes outside. They arent the greatest because the dude is my neighbor and I dont want to rev the car really really high! (even though he wasnt at home LOL)

Click here to watch Z06-

enjoy!

I know huh, while most people just garage it and rarely drive theirs, this one is driven everyday, rain or shine. Its awesome :) and it always parked outside cause his other rims take out all the space in the garage :D

Yea as I said, its his daily driver, never garaged, just sits out on the driveway..lol

His car is filthy after the weekend from all the events in auto-X..but thats why he gives it to me to clean and I dont mind at all :)

Just got off the phone with John (z06 owner) he lend me more business with his buddy who owns 2 modded M3's..Gotta add him in my schedule now :)

So are you doing all your details with Zaino or "preferred" customers? And how do they react? I may splurge and buy the kit.
-tropictour

Great job Goonz! If he ends up doing some work, it might just turn up sounding like this thing. I had the opportunity to wash and clean up this one although I didn't get to detail it.

RA Video

apparently he has a switch that could manually control the exhaust valves. I didnt know that, so if you turn it on, it closes the middle 2 exhaust pipe valves making the car DEAD quite (i know go figure huh), however if you turn it off, all hell breaks lose :crazy:

I have one more detail session with the Z06 just before the real cold weather hits..

apparently he has a switch that could manually control the exhaust valves. I didnt know that, so if you turn it on, it closes the middle 2 exhaust pipe valves making the car DEAD quite (i know go figure huh), however if you turn it off, all hell breaks lose :crazy:

There is no switch, it happens automatically, based upon back-pressure, rpm and throttle position. Its stndard on the Z06, and has been used by Ferrari for a long time. At idle and low speeds, its closed for noise regulations. At WOT, they open up for reduced backpressure and consequently more noise.

Nice detail job by the way.

-Todd

Back