• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ stress

didn't you read the daredevyldork thread?
Dave got sick, so now he can't go to SZ and be Chris's roommate.
Instead, Chris will have to endure man-lovings from 69boss302. :laugh:

He has yet to get back to me(probably too cool to spend all day on CEG) but I'll sleep(read: pass out) anywhere that isn't going to have people doing the humpty dance next to my head. Floors, couches, whatev!

The rest of my exhaust is going on now. Brought it to Meineke. Unfortunately I'm looking at about $135 for a few hours of labor on the car. Oh well.

Ok, scratch that. I dropped off the car around 2. Talked to them on the phone a couple times and they said it would be ready around 5:30. I got dropped off around 4:45 or so and was going to check it out and wait till it was finished. They had just started touching the car because they pulled the mechanic off my car to work on something else and by the time he finished it was too late to start. So in other words, I wasted my day with them. They brought the car around to me and I pulled out and heard a metal scrape sound. They loosened 2 clamps and left them loose so the exhaust was barely off the ground on the drivers side and was dragging around.

I crossed the street to J&M Corvette. I forgot they were right there and they do amazing work. :drool: They were pretty much done for the day and didn't have any time tomorrow either unless someone calls to cancel. :cry:

Went a few buildings down to Monro, and they said they recommended a shop called Fast Go that specializes in custom exhaust work. So I took a drive around the corner to them. And I think I finally have a winner. :laugh:

They told me about $50 for the work and bring it in for the morning. That beats the $135 charge Mieneke was going to charge and probably **** up the exhaust.

If it doesn't get finished tomorrow, I'm think I'm gonna cry. I have to pick up my hood and Mirko tomorrow if they are finished getting painted. Not to mention try to replace my alternator after work. :blackeye:

I hate my life. :laugh:

Am I picking up your hood and mirko tomorrow still?

P.S. my fogs are tits!

Not sure. I still need to wait for the call to know if it's ready. Then I will talk to my gramps and see if he is picking it up or not. He grew up in the dirty water and goes there all the time so it's like a field trip for him to pick up the parts. :laugh:

well some good luck this morning, I got a new alternator ... I just said I had no idea what happened ... either way its in ford hands now

See? It all works out in the end :cool: I just have to polish my freshly clearcoated headlight and hopefully install my autovation pedals today and I'm done! Well...then I have to do a full detail...and buy SZ supplies :blackeye: But then I'll definitely be done!

See? It all works out in the end :cool:

yeah well not really, my father just raised a good point to me, I basically screwed ford over my mistake. I think the nut wasn't installed on the wire and that caused the problem, but I don't think I made that connection but then again I didn't check it either .... the dealer gets to make out on it as they get 140% of the cost but .... hell I sent pictures to Bill J and asked if he could warranty the alternator and he told me my local dealer should take care of it without issue. But then again I didn't say I thought that the nut wasn't installed but that I wasn't sure what happened .... I really lost myself this weekend :nonono: :blackeye: :cry:

Yeah, I was gonna give a mean detail...but I think I'll just wash and vacuum. I still want to look good for the rest of the US and Canada :cool:

Also, I just finished polishing the headlight I clearcoated last night. I only spent 30 minutes on it but it looks amazing from 10 feet away! Almost newish besides all the spidercracking on the inside

My car is finished at the shop!! :)

$100 for everything and they actually pulled the whole exhaust and fixed the resonator fitment. They put a bend on the inlet and outlet pipes to fix the alignment and it tucks into the car nicely now. Rear mufflers are hung and mounted up.

Hood and Mirko are finished too!! Just called and they said it finished and just drying up right now. I'll be able to get it for the end of the day.

Now I need to make arrangements to pick it up.

Hood and Mirko are finished too!! Just called and they said it finished and just drying up right now. I'll be able to get it for the end of the day.

Now I need to make arrangements to pick it up.

does that mean your actually gonna get some rest before SZ? AMAZING! :laugh:

I recomend you guys wax your rims because it will make life 10x easier once you get to MI, all you gotta do it hose the rims off and they will be shiney

yeah I'll be sure and wax me SE wheels. I don't want to get any brake dust in all the curb rash from the previous owner.

I'm deciding not to put on my FSVT's for a while. I don't want to drive cross country in fairly worn versions of these:

falken-azenis-sport-lg.jpg

not the best rain tire around...

Back