• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The things YOU have left unfinished

I took my door ding guards off, only to find out the door was repainted.

I have a cool racing stripe on the side, and not digging up the funds to repaint it. Been like that for almost a year.. I have a Mirko I need to get painted and installed as well :nonono: :laugh:

i picked up a set of headers and valve covers last year for my car and I am finally goign to get them installed this weekend hopefully ...

One time my cheap jack slipped and bent in the entire side of the car underneathe the sideskirt. I drilled a hole in the body, and screwed the sideskirt in back to where it's supposed to be, and it entirely covers that 2ft long bend by the underbody.

Hate to be the person who takes the sideskirts off :laugh: You can't even tell anything is wrong, besides the fact that my jackcover is wedged up there as tight as can be.

It was a very bad day. My back right wheel was off, and my front right wheel was off, but wedged inside of the wheelwell. I don't know how I jacked it back up in the air. :shrug:

I went out and bought a racing floor jack the same day :nonono:

One time my cheap jack slipped and bent in the entire side of the car underneathe the sideskirt. I drilled a hole in the body, and screwed the sideskirt in back to where it's supposed to be, and it entirely covers that 2ft long bend by the underbody.

Hate to be the person who takes the sideskirts off :laugh: You can't even tell anything is wrong, besides the fact that my jackcover is wedged up there as tight as can be.

It was a very bad day. My back right wheel was off, and my front right wheel was off, but wedged inside of the wheelwell. I don't know how I jacked it back up in the air. :shrug:

I went out and bought a racing floor jack the same day :nonono:

This makes me now want to pay about 30x more attention to when I jack up the car...

Me? Putting in gauge overlays in my old pre98, and not putting the dash back together for about... 2 days. :D

This makes me now want to pay about 30x more attention to when I jack up the car...
Just don't use some ****ty jack you bought from a wholesale store :laugh:

I'm 100% confident with the floor jack :cool: Well I better be, I payed like $130 for it or something!

I have had my Aussie Rear swaybar for well over a year and haven't installed it. Just to lazy to take the rear subframe off to get it boxed in and the swaybar installed.

Procrastination is my middle name!

Procrastination is my middle name!

Let's see....

• Deer damage from back in November has yet to be repaired. But that's more a money issue than anything else.
  • Have yet to repaint driver's mirror to match the car (again, deer damage).
  • SVT PCM and 19 lb. injectors have been sitting on the counter for 12 months or more.
  • Headlights have been sitting for at least two months waiting for polishing, baking, and painting.
  • Misc. audio components have been sitting around for a month or more.
  • Mismatched wheels for five months as my back tires went bad, and didn't have $$ to replace them, so wheels off my parts car went on.
  • LED color change to the switches started on driver's door last summer. That's the only switch done so far.
  • Interior swap with my parts car started last summer. Different color greys has me at a standstill.
That's the '98. The '96 is in need of a new head gasket. I've been limping along for two months. I'm hoping it will hold out for one solid week and three thousand miles. **fingers crossed**

I'm sure there's more that I just can't remember right now.

Can't remember much about the Contour, but this one stands out: One of my SE badges on the side mysteriously stripped when my sister drove the car. So it was just a blank white badge. Skunk gave me one of his SE badges (when he did sidemarkers) and I never put it in. That badge was white for two years and bugged me every time I got in the car. And I have yet to return Skunk's badge (and one of his SE alloy covers) back to him!

Can't remember much about the Contour, but this one stands out: One of my SE badges on the side mysteriously stripped when my sister drove the car. So it was just a blank white badge. Skunk gave me one of his SE badges (when he did sidemarkers) and I never put it in. That badge was white for two years and bugged me every time I got in the car. And I have yet to return Skunk's badge (and one of his SE alloy covers) back to him!

i think that he put the 24v badges on not side markers and I bought his SE wheels so I suppose that cover should go to me :cool:

:laugh:

Lower part of my rear bumper needs to be painted black again, I need to re-seal one of my headlights, it needs suspension pretty bad, and I need to install my sidemarkers.... But lately I've been getting stuff done on her.. P420 code isnt there anymore and she's got a new fuel pump

Hmm, my car has been sitting for over a year, since Mapoftazifosho nearly killed me . . . The bodywork got done right away, but the driveline got pulled and its been sitting ever since. Very slow intermittant progress has been made . . . but things still aren't back together.
Too many parts to list for this build, but basically a 3L w/ rebuilt trans w/ torsen and microfinished gears, trubendz, some Carbon Fiber sparco seats, and maybe some Focus RS wheels if I decide to buy tires for them, lol. I had a few more upgrades planned, but I'm holding off for now because I may have to use the cash elsewhere here pretty soon.

unfinished business

unfinished business

I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be done...
Window tint needs done still,
put my windshield squirters back on after I put the carbon fiber hood on... the new relocation mod looks sweet!
I have rear brakes that need put on,
an msds y-pipe,
lower ball joints on both sides
SVT UIM
SVT LIM
SVT throttle body / cable / bracket

All of these parts have been sitting in a box in my garage since last summer. : (

I won a set of MSDS headers at SZ05 from our resident Mexican Wannabe, Alex. He was off by ONE number in the raffle. :laugh: But, Karma in full swing! I never installed them, and eventually swapped them for my current wheels with Rara.

I also have never replaced the rear tint, which is now a shade of purple and has bubbles near the bottom edge. I should probably do that before SZ07 eh?

Ooo I also have a set of subframe connectors keeping my garage wall up. :shrugs: Anyone want them? They're unworthy to go on an auto SE.. though it's so tempting! :drool:

Last edited:
Subframe connectors, oil pressure gauge, warmonger's rear brake upgrade, the list goes on and on

Oh any my rx7 yeah, the whole thing.

Well my cars need a few little things like an engine and what not. But if we were talking about unfinished projects in the house, I think I'd take the cake. :laugh:

Back