• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

[56k DIE] A photo retrospective....

that was me. I remember seeing your car at the track, even talked to you too about the door. That really sucked.

haha, 5 years later and it clicks that I've actually met you.

that was me. I remember seeing your car at the track, even talked to you too about the door. That really sucked.

haha, 5 years later and it clicks that I've actually met you.

Liar!!! Looks green to me!
P1000271.jpg

Well, here's the vids as promised. Thanks to Bill (Pre98) for the hosting. Please right-click, save as so his bandwidth doesn't get killed.

The first 2 are Bill (slimshady) filming/"narrating" and daveandrews driving his 2000 SVT, Bassani catback w/no baffles and race slicks. Going around Gingerman Raceway. For those worried about high revs and turns, watch his tach. He doesn't leave 3rd gear much!

http://velocityvertex.com/temp/clip1.mpg

http://velocityvertex.com/temp/chase1.mpg

this one is JVT drunk and rolling around on the floor in the parking lot.

the best quote is "bassen, this your fairmont?" - talking about his cobra.

And SlverSVT00 is in the back doing cartwheels or something...but i couldn't find out where lol!

http://velocityvertex.com/temp/drunk.mpg

Last edited:
Awesome pics! I have a similar collection going for my cars (Contours included) over the years and all the great people and times I've had thanks to CEG :cool:

I know it's bad forums etiquette to resurrect old threads, but this one just deserves it.

:( I miss slim. He's a ton of fun at SZ.

I miss a lot of people I've met on the CEG, I've been in the car scene all my life it seems, I've had cars featured in magazines and on websites, etc; yet I've NEVER met a bunch of people like we had here back in '02. Oh well...

For what it's worth, I'm still in touch with Slim, we hook up once in a while and speak on the phone sometimes. I was lucky enough to go to his wedding, he's a great man. I've lost contact with most of the other friends I had made here unfortunately...

If any of you ever are in the Montreal area make sure to drop me an email.
plavarenne (at) hotmail.com

:)

where the hell have you been, and how the hell did you manage to find this thread!?!?!?!?!?

i had your number and even tried to call you a few times but i guess you changed it...

i always meant to come up north to see jeff and whoever else, but everyone fell off the face of the earth...

i need to call bill though. I didn't know you were at the wedding. i made a big mistake and confused the date, totally missed. bothers me to this day...

where the hell have you been, and how the hell did you manage to find this thread!?!?!?!?!?

It's the internet man, you can't hide. :p
Shoot me an email, I'll give you my phone #... I don't think it changed tho. I've had this # for so long.

It's nice to see you're still alive and well down there!

Regarding that "high noise area" sticker on the exhaust tip picture, I'd change it to read high decibel area instead as we all know that what comes out of there isn't noise but music. :cool:
Karl

Back