• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How do I get my HIDs to ignite

possibly bad balasts?

Oh BTW dont turn on your HIDs without the motor running.

he can turn them on and off all he wants with the motor off, pulling power from the headlight plugs would be the bigger mistake.

I dont think both the ballast would be out at once? I searched for an hour and finally found a post that said the "Contours eletrics could never ignite the ballast", thats why that poster never got HIDs, but Ive seen plenty while searching for a nice SVT(Just picked this one up 2weeks ago) with HIDs, I sold my 2000 accord for this car and I love it but I loved my HIDs and I wantem in here

First thing, Dont cross post (this is bad)

Second thing, you need to SEARCH. You'll find interesting threads like THIS, THIS, and THIS.

Because you may or may not know how to do that ill also point out that at the very top of the aesthetics forum is THIS thread, which contains THIS FAQ.

Don't bother... I'll merge them for you. This is an aesthetics problem, not a general troubleshooting problem. Avoid cross posting. thank, and welcome!

i had the same problem when i first got mine. and just like alex i had to switch the POS and NEG. however like you i couldnt just turn the connector around. it turned out that the harness that goes from the orginal connector to the ballast was assembled wrong. what you need to do is take the wires out of the connector that plugs into your original harness and switch them. just take a pin or a jewlers flatblade screwdriver and pry back the little tab inside the plug while pulling on the wire. if you need pics i will go get some for you of mine.

did you pull these out of your accord before you sold it? if so then that is a little strange unless the accords wiring is switched from ours

Back