• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new front suspension...

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
so my front suspension was just redone, new struts n springs. this was done about a month and a half ago, so i think its all settled in by now. i have an issue with it...when i hit the brakes hard (damn massachusetts drivers lol) i can hear and feel almost like a popping sound coming from the left spring, like its not set in place. additionally, when i turn around in my neighbor's driveway, i come off a bit of a hill in reverse, and when i brake i can here the same sound but its almost like the opposite, like its being pulled out of place...is this something i should be concerned about? it doesnt seem too healthy to me...

Clunking noise?

Clunking noise?

Have you checked everything to make sure it is tight? Have you jacked up the car to see if the spring is seated?

Personally those are the first two steps I would take before driving more. If it is something loose it could be rubbing causing wear on a place that shouldn't be.

When we put the PA Racing K member and A arms in the wifes vert my helper forgot to torque down the strange strut on the drivers side and I had a clunking noise there as well.

hmm i guess i will bring it to the guys who did the work for me. im not quite the car guy myself, but i do catch on quick, so im trying to learn :). i'll see what kind of excuse theyll make ;-)

I had a problem that sounded like that on my truck. It would only happen when I hit the brakes. The caliper wasn't holding the brake pad correctly so when I would hit the brake it would slam the pad against the rotor making a popping noise. It didn't do it all the time either. Just a thought. Good luck.

Back