• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Trunk. Comments?

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
I posted this over in the Northeast section but havent gotten too much input. I finally decided to put it on today. Notice my rear bumper where the very attractive girl rear ended me.

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Edit: i'll be painting the reflector black. I know it looks retarded tinted, but i didnt have a regular red reflector laying around. just that tinted piece of crap

Last edited:
I posted this over in the Northeast section but havent gotten too much input. I finally decided to put it on today. Notice my rear bumper where the very attractive girl rear ended me.

You better have gotten her number for your.... umm... "insurance." :rolleyes: :laugh:

I like it, but if it were more subtle looking then it would be even sweeter.

:nonono: I just hate the spoiler design. That trunk would kick ass if it were just smooth or a subtle lip.

i 2nd that but alos the car looks really nice except i think it would look cool if u titned the rest of the tail lights. IMO it looks weird like that. but if u like it like that no hard feelings. nice SVT man!

There's always going to be two schools of thought with differing opinions. Kind of like the black wheel thing, and the monocolor opinion, both of which I personally cannot stand. Another school of thought is the bare trunklid vs the spoiler and winged trunklids. I have a Lincoln LS and can't stand the bare trunklid, and I feel the same about the Contour. The wing trunklids and this Carbon Fiber one are far better looking than that bare featureless one....

So good job Black 98 CSVT, my son also has one painted bodycolor (Silver Frost) on his SVTC and I think they look great......like that hot version of the M3 Bimmer.....

cnv0598bq5.jpg

and ignore the winter rims/wheels in the previous shot, these are his primary wheels......

cnv0102br7.jpg

and I must comment on those brakes as well......nice..... :)

i 2nd that but alos the car looks really nice except i think it would look cool if u titned the rest of the tail lights. IMO it looks weird like that. but if u like it like that no hard feelings. nice SVT man!

once again, i'll be painting the reflector black. i didnt tint that recently. i used to have all my tails done but threw them out after i got the pre-98, not knowing i was going to get this trunk

Back