• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stab-O-Shock

dunny668

CEG'er
Anyone know where I can get a new one of these for a 2000 CSVT? Ford no longer produces and I've already called Team Ford and Tousley. I am unable to locate a dealership who has one so I'm guessing I'll have to go aftermaket. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks I'm doing the two engine mounts and the two roll resistors, and this is the last part I need to track down.

Fixed.:cool:

By the way, most people don't replace the crap-o-shock. If you want, you could fill the roll resistors with polyurethane to gain the results the stab-o-shock was supposed to produce.

Pole120 does this if you don't want to.

Throw the stab o shock in the garbage. :) SE's didn't even come with them if I'm not mistaken. At least all of my SE's never had one!

You can contact bradness about a tubular version of said staboshock. Pole mounts may be a more effective way to gain that, but id rather have it than not

You can contact bradness about a tubular version of said staboshock. Pole mounts may be a more effective way to gain that, but id rather have it than not

I'll give him a PM. I definitely would rather have it than not also.

Yes, I have one brad made me. I have it on the car now it it rocks my 3L. No wheel hop, and I have worn out SE roll resistors

100_0116.jpg

Waiting on mine from Brad...I dont think im suppose to know about it though since its for my b-day. Wow this is going to suck...all poly mounts with that bar...good lord.

How much does he charge for those?!?!? They look pretty good! Although I think it would be completely useless because I already have solid front and rear roll resistors. Can anyone second that? Or would it actually help me?

hmm.. how much are these things?!?! I was just posting that I needed one of these and I would much rather have the one in the above picture..

i didnt know bradness made those too! if you have pole's solid mounts would it be worth while to add one of those things?

It connects the transmission to the lower subframe helping to keep the engine from twisting in hard acceleration moments. It helps with wheel hop and bucking.

Back