• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

precautions...

ludaprix

New CEG'er
hi guys, before i go f/i with the nautilus kit, the engine will be out, is there any other bits i can upgrade to stop the car from having future probz?

basically i have a 1995 mondeo 2.5, which are known for crappy head gaskets, waterpumps and aparantly under hard cornering the big ends get starved of oil, how true this is i dont know? but i dont want to take any risks after spending so much on turbo'ing, so can you guys recommend what i will need to buy to prevent any mishaps?

actually I have almost never heard of one of these cars having a head gasket problem. Yes, if the water pump goes bad and warps the head it will leak around the gasket but that is basically the only reason I have ever heard of. Oil starvation can be fixed by 6.5 quarts of oil or an aux tank. Since you have the engine out, headers headers headers headers!!!! Do that then, cause it will be a pain if you do it later.

actually I have almost never heard of one of these cars having a head gasket problem. Yes, if the water pump goes bad and warps the head it will leak around the gasket but that is basically the only reason I have ever heard of. Oil starvation can be fixed by 6.5 quarts of oil or an aux tank. Since you have the engine out, headers headers headers headers!!!! Do that then, cause it will be a pain if you do it later.

Although uncommon with US Contours, head gasket problems have been common with European Mondeos.

i will definatly be changing the sump to the later version as they have been redesigned. hopefully it should be good enough!

Back