• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It has begun!!!!

Yep, needs more beer. :)
Think positive, it will go smoothly, it will go...

Scott,

Can't belive I missed this thread!!..but I've been very busy so thats prob why.

. :laugh:
This is the worst exhaust manifold, EVER. Wound up dremmeling off teh last nut it was so bad.

You shoulda PM'd me or somethin and I coulda brought the "gun show" to loosen those bolts/nuts for you.

I have my WR headers and Y collecting dust over here and I am getting my SS Trbendz Borla resonated catback that I got from Pole (should be here in a few days) that need to go on. Maybe I'll just take it to an exhaust shop...don't know if you would want to help me tackle this one :laugh:.

I think I need a new cat though so I'm debating selling the WR Y and picking up a trubendz Y w/ hi-flo cat.

I think I need a new cat though so I'm debating selling the WR Y and picking up a trubendz Y w/ hi-flo cat.

I used a test pipe with a hi-flow cat and used the WR Y-pipe. That's an option for you so you can use the y-pipe, if ya want.

I used a test pipe with a hi-flow cat and used the WR Y-pipe. That's an option for you so you can use the y-pipe, if ya want.

used...does that mean you are no longer running that setup? Is the test pipe 2.5 dia?

I do have the flex pipe so all I would need is the test pipe w/ cat but the Trubendz Y pipe has everything included and I believe it is all 2.5 dia. and I think you have the option of getting it in SS...not sure though. But w/ the Trubendz it would be 2.5 all the way back from the headers to the tips and the entire exhaust would be SS as I will also be installing the SS Trubendz resonated Borla.

I still have it.
Yes, 2.5 and SS.
I got the flex pipe and decided to go with the test pipe, thought it would be easier to just change out the main cat with the hi-flow. Ya know, no messing with the two flange/three flange crap, no welding, just put it on and go. ;)

I still have it.
Yes, 2.5 and SS.
I got the flex pipe and decided to go with the test pipe, thought it would be easier to just change out the main cat with the hi-flow. Ya know, no messing with the two flange/three flange crap, no welding, just put it on and go. ;)

Little confused now...I thought w/ the WR Headers and WR Y you need the flex pipe to make up for the shorter piping and to allow the system to "flex":confused:.

So your saying you are running in order; WR headers, WR Y, Test pipe w/ hi-flo cat, and then the cat back exhaust? Any problems passing emissions? What about the O2 fitting?

I'm not trying to booger up your thread Scott, promise. :laugh:. This should be the last of the ?'s.

So your saying you are running in order; WR headers, WR Y, Test pipe w/ hi-flo cat, and then the cat back exhaust? Any problems passing emissions? What about the O2 fitting?

I have in order: WR headers, WR Y, flex pipe, test pipe w/cat (http://www.trubendz.com/home.asp?pr...ductfor=cougar_testpipe&pagetype=productIndex)
and then the cat back exhaust.
No problems with emissions at all. MIL eliminators FTW.
The O2 fittings are fine. Only issue I ran into was the dude at TruBendz put an O2 bung in the test pipe when I told him NOT too. So, now I have an oil drain plug in the test pipe to seal the hole.

No sweat, ask all the ???? you need, Justin. I would help ya, but seeing as how mine's taking sooooo long to get done, I'd feel bad, as I know you could have it done by someone else quicker. Still, if you get stuck, just give a holler. :laugh: Didn't work on it last night, too wet and cold. Laying on cold wet cement + titanium rods in the back = too much pain.;) Probably tonight.

The second set of headers is easier. ;) Honest.

Yeah, cold, damp and titanium rods don't make for the most comfortable situation. :( This weather has been killing me too.

Any progress tonight?

Well, I got 2 more bolts off before the Pens game started.:laugh: Tonight, tho, I have nothing to do but my car. Oh, and Tam's exhaust, and her brakes, and her clutch, and......:laugh: :help:

Just for Christine

Just for Christine

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OK, Luca said I should be taking pics of both install AND trhe beer, so here it is. Just got one of the two last bolts loose. Yeeehaaaa. Say my name, b**ch!:laugh:
beerly9.jpg

OK sorry, I'll try to calm down a bit. But I still got 2 Guiness left.:laugh:

Yeeehaaaa. Say my name, b**ch!:laugh:

OK sorry, I'll try to calm down a bit. But I still got 2 Guiness left.:laugh:

LMFAO! Sounds kinkay. :)

That's it, we wanna see beer shots. IIRC, we drank 11 beers. I forgot what folder I put the pictures in, I need to find it. :crazy:

Two left, I sure hope the rest of the install goes smoothly. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OK, Luca said I should be taking pics of both install AND trhe beer
beerly9.jpg

Hey that table looks familiar :laugh:

- Scott's daughter- "Why does this bottle make a noise when you shake it?"

- Scott- " NOOOOO don't ever shake those. You never shake Guinness!"

- Me - :laugh:

good times

Back