• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

? on mounting gauges

A pillar gauge pods don't look ghetto but I can see not liking them. If my car didn't already have one I wouldn't get one because sometimes I gotta sorta look around it when cornering. But if I was going turbo,etc. and absolutely needed gauges, it's about the best placement of gauges you can easily do.

I wanted 2 gauges so I decided to loose the ashtray and cig lighter and put them there.

This is a in progress pic and the centre console is now being trimmed in leather and alcantra.

Attachments

• trial.jpg
    trial.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
I wanted 2 gauges so I decided to loose the ashtray and cig lighter and put them there.

This is a in progress pic and the centre console is now being trimmed in leather and alcantra.

Show off....
The SVT's didn't come with ashtrays... :cry:

Last edited:
Show off....
The SVT's didn't come with ashtrays... :cry:

Actually, it was part of the smoker's package. I didn't order my car new, but I did buy it new. It came with the ashtray, but no cigarette lighter. :shrug: I'm not a smoker, and my car has never been smoked in, so it didn't matter either way. :cool:

Mark

Actually, it was part of the smoker's package. I didn't order my car new, but I did buy it new. It came with the ashtray, but no cigarette lighter. :shrug: I'm not a smoker, and my car has never been smoked in, so it didn't matter either way. :cool:

Mark

If thats what you want to call it. It was a cup with a flip up lid on it.
I asked the dealer wtf is that and he started laughing and explained...

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN2105/04INT/Auto+Meter+Angle+Rings.html

gn2105.jpg

Last edited:
How about something like this? (mounted underneath, of course)

3gaugewpod.jpg

Also in a 2-pod config....

dualcarbon-installed1G-med.jpg

Here's their site. It's hard to tell, but those are carbon fiber gauge pods. They're located about 10 min. away from me in Santa Fe Springs.

Back