• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

interior work

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
im planning on doing my interior when i have good friday off. right now the door handles are silver and so is the part that goes around the door handle. i tried to show it best in the pics but i havent taken any recent. im doing the dash accents in silver. i was wondering which would look better the first possibility silver or the 2nd? the first one would also mean i would paint the glove box. the second i was unsure of because it wouldnt flow well into the blue dash. any opinions? also where can i find the SEM vinyl spray to do this with and should i do everything with the spray including the plastic pieces for the dash too?

Attachments

• silver parts.JPG
    silver parts.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
  • possibilty.JPG
    possibilty.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • possibilty2.JPG
    possibilty2.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
just about everything in my car is out of control and i only painted the parts in your first choice. kept it simple i think it looks better

its really pretty simple just have to dispurse the heat when welding to not warp the door

hwo do the handles come off and after that just weld a piece of sheet metal over the indent from the handle. and then for the poppers the instructions for those will work for installing them

hey bagged if you had any extra time could you write up a how to on how to shave the handles cause im gonna tackle that this summer.

just have it done that way someone else assumes responsibility for any damage. it is real easy to ruin a door by warping ive seen many cars damaged by inexperience.

ok well i cant do the HVAC. left the tools to get my deck out at school so that will have to wait another weekend. plus i may not have enough paint for it. i got the rear door panels done, and part of the front. heres a pic of the rear. the pictures looks a lil crappy cause it looks like there is silver flake everywhere but there isnt when you see it in person ill try to take other pics tomarrow.

Attachments

• Rear Door Panel.JPG
    Rear Door Panel.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 0
Back