• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help with codes please

69Boss302

Has mile high skills
This is a 95 Contour V6, manual trans. Mileage is currently unknown but figure about 140,000

Scanned the codes tonight, this is what I have

63 - TPS signal too low
75 - Brake on/off signal shorted to power
22 - MAP or Baro signal out of range

62 - (O) Automatic Overdrive Transmission (AXOD) 3/2 circuit short to
ground (R) Automatic Overdrive Transmission (AXOD) 4/3 circuit failure
Phantom code maybe? It's a stick so why the Auto code?

16 - 2.5L Throttle stop too high
22 - Map or Baro signal out of range
65 - Check intermittent HO2S - Fuel Control (O2 Sensor)
26 - MAF out of range
24 - IAT out of range (in wrong location)

EDITED INFO

The only one I know how to fix for sure is the IAT and that is because the IAT is not in the proper location.

The car has da' moose and aside from the coolant light constantly on, runs just fine.

Tony, I can't come up with anything on searching just yet but if you do, please guide me to the light. Thanks

Where do I begin to sort this all out?

I got the code info from here. http://www.troublecodes.net/Ford/

Last edited:
can someone please tell me I'm not looking at a $2400 wiring harness for a $300 car.
Mike, it could be. But something else which could cause those codes all at once could be battery ($65) dying out or PCM ($300) dying out. If the battery is old, I would change that first. Then I would suggest you check the wiring harness for breaks or chafes before investing in a $300 PCM.

the battery is new and strong.

My new fancy scanner should be in tomorrow, so maybe that will turn up more stuff than a flashing light?

EDIT: I wonder if there is a way to talk a dealership into still honoring the harness recall?

...My new fancy scanner should be in tomorrow, so maybe that will turn up more stuff than a flashing light?
What is fancy?

... I wonder if there is a way to talk a dealership into still honoring the harness recall?
You can always try. The worst they could say is NO. I would think that they will be more amenable if you have been sending the car there for repairs and maintenance for the entire life of the car. And then, it would probably be a discounted 50 % off the labor rates.

Back